TintyPi Custom Build [Completed]

Show off your completed mintyPi, or post your build logs here!
rodocop

Re: TintyPi Custom Build [Completed]

Post by rodocop » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:41 am
completed (finally)
as for the mintyPi/TintyPi, its not for me....
the screen however is alot better than the composite screen i used in my first GBZ build, but the form factor is way to small (for me) and you have to be really selective on what game you can play on this type of build...

this is the only mintyPi/TintyPi i'm going to build (i'm back to the GBZs, HDMI build on the way)
I've been keeping an eye on your build since the start, it turned out very nicely!....I understand about the form factor, they are a little small. But they work okay for me, but I haven't played long periods yet. My problem is always that I enjoy the build process, but then never have time to actually play the games. Out of all the GBZ's, modded DMG's, and 1 minty pi so far I have yet to play more than a few hours total!

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:48 am

Rodocop, then you should better stop building lol, you could save time to play your builds :lol:
Follow me on instagram Image

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

rodocop wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am
VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:41 am
completed (finally)
as for the mintyPi/TintyPi, its not for me....
the screen however is alot better than the composite screen i used in my first GBZ build, but the form factor is way to small (for me) and you have to be really selective on what game you can play on this type of build...

this is the only mintyPi/TintyPi i'm going to build (i'm back to the GBZs, HDMI build on the way)
I've been keeping an eye on your build since the start, it turned out very nicely!....I understand about the form factor, they are a little small. But they work okay for me, but I haven't played long periods yet. My problem is always that I enjoy the build process, but then never have time to actually play the games. Out of all the GBZ's, modded DMG's, and 1 minty pi so far I have yet to play more than a few hours total!

thank you...

i completely agree with you, for me its building them that gives the most enjoyment (I've have a stand alone Pi3 and a arcade machine that I tend to play the most on)
the GBZs i've built have primarily been for my kids, and the main reason for this is that i'm that old :( that i was lucky to be given a gameboy when they were first released back in 1989... so its a great nostalgia item that i can share with my kids...

i'm not knocking the mintyPi (far from it, its a fantastic creating by Wermy and Helder)....

and to be honest the main controls aren't the issue either (they feel nice)....
and the screen is alot better then the back up camera monitors people are using in their GBZ builds (more clearer and sharper)....
also i would say, the sound is really punchy and really good (especially for the build and maybe better compared against some GBZ builds)

the only real negative (and this is a personal thing, not trying to knock the project) is the position of the start/select.... you cannot press them with the hand the side there on (this is most probably a personal thing, my chunky hands) it has to be done with the opposite hand (it just feels awkward)

this isnt the reason that i'm not feeling the build or project (and this may change).... but unlike the GBZ (which are still my kids), it doesnt make me want to pick it up and play it...
i'm gonna have in my car for the time being, i might get more use out of there (i may just change my mind on it)
Last edited by VeteranGamer on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharmstr

Post by sharmstr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

the only real negative (and this is a personal thing, not trying to knock the project) is the position of the start/select.... you cannot press them with the hand the side there on (this is most probably a person thing, my chunky hands) it has to be done with the opposite hand (it just feels awkward)
Thought the same thing. Thinking about making my own case out of aluminum on my cnc that will have the sides shaved down to allow my thumbs to fit in there better. I used my cnc to cut out the tin holes on my OG and adafruit tins. Worked great and only takes about 1 min each side.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:14 pm

sharmstr wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 pm
VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

the only real negative (and this is a personal thing, not trying to knock the project) is the position of the start/select.... you cannot press them with the hand the side there on (this is most probably a person thing, my chunky hands) it has to be done with the opposite hand (it just feels awkward)
Thought the same thing. Thinking about making my own case out of aluminum on my cnc that will have the sides shaved down to allow my thumbs to fit in there better. I used my cnc to cut out the tin holes on my OG and adafruit tins. Worked great and only takes about 1 min each side.
Should be great if you post here some pictures of your machine and the cut of your tins :mrgreen:
Follow me on instagram Image

sharmstr

Post by sharmstr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 pm

I will in my own build thread, but for now: https://goo.gl/photos/c9xBGEyXxg6DpwbB6

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 pm

I have pondered the same thing about the Start and Select buttons, I plan to do something about it in the future but for now other things are more important than some button movements which I know are a little inconvenient.

I plan to get a table top cnc machine for this and a few other projects but need more space in my work room, better yet I need a larger house for all my shit.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:33 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 pm
...better yet I need a larger house for all my shit.
I just need a second house for my shit.
I saw a strange one the other day where a guy had an entire 3 bed house JUST FOR HIS LEGO COLLECTION!
(he did also have a shop selling collectible out of print lego sets, so it was kind of like a warehouse/workshop/extended playroom)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/le ... nd-9527947

Majeye

Post by Majeye » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:12 pm

VeteranGamer,

Where did you get those buttons? I like those and would like to get them myself.
1st MintyPi Project (Completed)

Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied Helder's AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:32 am

Majeye wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:12 pm
VeteranGamer,

Where did you get those buttons? I like those and would like to get them myself.

I bought them off eBay....

They are original NDSL buttons, most probably from a handheld that was broken up and sold as parts...