Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Show off your completed mintyPi, or post your build logs here!
Post Reply
Tony85_23061
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:00 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Post by Tony85_23061 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Finally got around to taking some updated pictures of my Mintypi. A buddy of mine has had it for the past month or so. I originally did a basic build in a cinnamon tin but i decided to redo it all when people commented that i should have done it in wintergreen so i did. In the process i moved the USB port and and power switch around to the back.
Attachments
20181006_175119.jpg
20181006_175119.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 2386 times
20181006_175105.jpg
20181006_175105.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2386 times
20181006_174953.jpg
20181006_174953.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 2386 times

paganpyro
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:59 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Post by paganpyro » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm

looks good man, wouldn't mind seeing the guts of it, I'm curious how you got all that on the back of the tin

Tony85_23061
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:00 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Post by Tony85_23061 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:00 pm

I just opened it up for a quick shot. I was a bit generous with the hot glue, i had the lower bracket come loose on me once.
paganpyro wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm
looks good man, wouldn't mind seeing the guts of it, I'm curious how you got all that on the back of the tin
Attachments
20181006_235155.jpg
20181006_235155.jpg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 2364 times

User avatar
Wailer
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm
Location: Tiel, The Netherlands
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Post by Wailer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:15 am

Tony85_23061 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:00 pm
I just opened it up for a quick shot. I was a bit generous with the hot glue, i had the lower bracket come loose on me once.
paganpyro wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm
looks good man, wouldn't mind seeing the guts of it, I'm curious how you got all that on the back of the tin
Yeah, hot glue nasty looking but i does the job (most of the time)
What's wrong with cinnamon? (just finished mine ;) ), but if i had the choice i would have gone with the mint flavoured (red blue green) also.

Tony85_23061
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:00 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Post by Tony85_23061 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:58 pm

My buddy plans on buying the V2 once i get a V3, he requested the color change
Wailer wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:15 am
Tony85_23061 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:00 pm
I just opened it up for a quick shot. I was a bit generous with the hot glue, i had the lower bracket come loose on me once.
paganpyro wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm
looks good man, wouldn't mind seeing the guts of it, I'm curious how you got all that on the back of the tin
Yeah, hot glue nasty looking but i does the job (most of the time)
What's wrong with cinnamon? (just finished mine ;) ), but if i had the choice i would have gone with the mint flavoured (red blue green) also.

User avatar
Wailer
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm
Location: Tiel, The Netherlands
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Post by Wailer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:10 am

Aha, i must confess cinnamon was not my first choice either but was the only one i could get.
Altoids are not easy to get here in Europe.
Hope i can get a red one when v3 is released...

User avatar
KonnorJ
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:23 am
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Contact:

Re: Tony85's V2 Mintypi

Post by KonnorJ » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 am

Wailer wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:10 am
Aha, i must confess cinnamon was not my first choice either but was the only one i could get.
Altoids are not easy to get here in Europe.
Hope i can get a red one when v3 is released...
Check eBay, that's the only place I could find them in the UK.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest