mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

Post by Helder » Tue May 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Sc726 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 am
Helder wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:00 am
I already got a quote for 100 screens now I need to see how much the boards and assembled connectors cost and I'll have a price early next week. Wermy and I are still doing some testing on the screen and board which is also part of the delay.
Hi sorry to be a pain, really don't mean to be just really excited!! I get paid at the end of this month and can't wait to get started assembling this project! Do you think all the screens, boards, 3D parts will have gone by then? I've been following this for ages and can't wait to get started but also don't want to miss out and realise that you won't do "reservations" for obvious reasons! Thank you once again for all the updates! The screen & board look great btw
We're still testing things and all that so we aren't taking orders of any kind until things are ironed out and we can offer everything needed from our end. When we're ready for preorders we will announce it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Sc726

Post by Sc726 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Helder wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 1:15 pm
Sc726 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 am
Helder wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:00 am
I already got a quote for 100 screens now I need to see how much the boards and assembled connectors cost and I'll have a price early next week. Wermy and I are still doing some testing on the screen and board which is also part of the delay.
Hi sorry to be a pain, really don't mean to be just really excited!! I get paid at the end of this month and can't wait to get started assembling this project! Do you think all the screens, boards, 3D parts will have gone by then? I've been following this for ages and can't wait to get started but also don't want to miss out and realise that you won't do "reservations" for obvious reasons! Thank you once again for all the updates! The screen & board look great btw
We're still testing things and all that so we aren't taking orders of any kind until things are ironed out and we can offer everything needed from our end. When we're ready for preorders we will announce it.
No worries - I check here every day (more) for updates so I'll keep my eyes peeled! Thanks for the reply - much appreciated & thanks for all the effort, it looks amazing and I really excited to build/assemble it!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Last update I'm posting until everything is finalized and ready to offer to you guys.

As you can see the ribbon connector and board are working as it should, now we can finalize fittings and send things out next week to the fabricator.

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

affensause

Post by affensause » Wed May 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Helder, Wermy you are amazing!! Thanks for all the work you put into this! I most certainly know that private time is a good money can't buy!

Looking forward!

Have a good day!

diko_d

Post by diko_d » Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 am

Helder wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm
As you can see the ribbon connector and board are working as it should, now we can finalize fittings and send things out next week to the fabricator.
Helder, Wermy,
Now that you guys have settled on the final design, can you please share/update this original post thread with a final bill of materials? Which will be offered for sale? What should we buy? which 2.4" screen to buy?

Thanks for all your hard work!

krispet7

Post by krispet7 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here. I've ordered most of the parts for this, but where are people finding the buttons? Having a hard time getting my hands on an inexpensive DS Lite.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Thu May 25, 2017 12:22 pm

krispet7 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 pm
Hi everyone! Long time lurker here. I've ordered most of the parts for this, but where are people finding the buttons? Having a hard time getting my hands on an inexpensive DS Lite.
You can find some colors just by searching 'DS Lite Buttons' on ebay. If there is another color that you can't find, you can look for 'DS Lite Shell' and for a few bucks more you can find the whole shell + buttons in a variety of buttons (usually $10). I'll have black and white buttons available soon.
ImageImageImageImage

FishtreeFarms

Post by FishtreeFarms » Thu May 25, 2017 2:01 pm

diko_d wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 am
Helder wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm
Helder, Wermy,
Now that you guys have settled on the final design, can you please share/update this original post thread with a final bill of materials? Which will be offered for sale? What should we buy? which 2.4" screen to buy?

Thanks for all your hard work!
I think this would be a good idea too. Making a single, easy thread for people to go and find what thou needs, forsooth.

diko_d

Post by diko_d » Thu May 25, 2017 2:06 pm

krispet7 wrote:
$0.99 set :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/401118363207?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:17 pm

diko_d wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 2:06 pm
krispet7 wrote:
$0.99 set :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/401118363207?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Only color that's in stock is pink :D