mintyPi Frequently Asked Questions **READ THIS**

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
dryja123

Re: mintyPi Frequently Asked Questions **READ THIS**

Post by dryja123 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:36 am

Kyran wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:32 am
Will the new mintypi image work with the old pcb and screen?
Yes

Rohgaar

QI charging?

Post by Rohgaar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 am

So I’m looking at making my first minty pi and the recent outbreak of qi wireless charging gave me an idea.

I know that qi adaptors are sold so I was wondering if it’s be possible to adapt that into a Minty either in place of or along side the standard charging port.

dryja123

Re: QI charging?

Post by dryja123 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Rohgaar wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 am
So I’m looking at making my first minty pi and the recent outbreak of qi wireless charging gave me an idea.

I know that qi adaptors are sold so I was wondering if it’s be possible to adapt that into a Minty either in place of or along side the standard charging port.
The thinnest QI charger I found was 1.5mm and that was too thick to fit inside of the tin. To my knowledge, there isn't one small enough to fit in the tin. Someone suggested one under the battery but as everything fits together now the pcb board basically sits on top of the battery now.

CapnBio

Pin layout

Post by CapnBio » Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 am

Anyone has an idea on how the pins work I the pi zero? I want to see if I can create my own design for the minty pi. And if possible the screen as well.

rodocop

Re: Pin layout

Post by rodocop » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:03 pm

CapnBio wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 am
Anyone has an idea on how the pins work I the pi zero? I want to see if I can create my own design for the minty pi. And if possible the screen as well.
look into adafruits retrogame utility, GPIO pins are read as keyboard presses. You can use an tactile buttons, or a button with silicone conductive pads etc....you can make simple PCB's with perfboard etc...Screens, look into 2.4" ILI9341 SPI screens, and check out Mooseprs guide on this site to see how to get them running with retropie.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Only the SPI pins need to be specific but you can get the info from Moosepr's Guide in the guides section. The retrogame you define what pin is what but looking on the back of the mintyPi V2 pcb you will see the pinout I used is printed on the pcb.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Thidum

Post by Thidum » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 pm

I have watched a few build videos on this project, waiting for the next batch of PCBs to be available to start my own. I am curious for those that have built these, why do you not remove the top of the tin, while drilling your holes? I would think this would make it easier, an in the case of non standard designs, like the retro look, or ouiji tin, little chance of damaging the expensive tins.