Different Altoids tins

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
madmanmcgirt

Different Altoids tins

Post by madmanmcgirt » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:58 pm

I just picked up a brown Altoids tin It is listed as Dark Chocolate Dipped Mints. And is part of the Curiously Chocolate selection.
I have never heard of these before, but a friend of mine knew i just got my kit in the mail, and gave me an interesting colour tin.

What colour tins do you guys use or would like to use?

LilTrublMakr

Re: Different Altoids tins

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:14 am

I use the Dark Chocolate tin myself: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxyfIy4n883/

I also have a Liquorice tin that Helder Laser cut for me that I may let my GFs kids build one when they are a little older and am on the hunt for a cool honey tin.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Different Altoids tins

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:35 am

madmanmcgirt wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:58 pm
I just picked up a brown Altoids tin It is listed as Dark Chocolate Dipped Mints. And is part of the Curiously Chocolate selection.
I have never heard of these before, but a friend of mine knew i just got my kit in the mail, and gave me an interesting colour tin.

What colour tins do you guys use or would like to use?
I actually have 3 of these tins to build some mintyPi's with so anything Altoids or Newman's own or the Adafruit tins will work without issues.

Other thins either are a little larger or have the top tin much deeper than the ones the 3D parts were designed for so will not work without alot of modding of the tin or 3D parts.

There are of course other brands that will work but I can't confirm which since I do not own all of them but have lasered quite a few for people and these seem the most reliable to work without fuss atleast here in the USA.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.