mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.

Would you be interested in a mintyPi v3 Lite?

Yes
24
92%
No
2
8%
 
Total votes: 26

User avatar
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Posts: 2887
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am
Location: Rogers, AR
Has thanked: 1436 times
Been thanked: 3096 times

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:05 pm

There will be a shutdown option since the battery monitoring will be included so the pi will shut itself down when low battery but you still have to physically flip the power switch.
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!


Chat with me and other members


Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.


Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

qaz015393
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by qaz015393 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Nice! So like a script from the safe shutdown bit still need to turn it off? Just to triple check. Lol yeah you can sign me up for one of them. Guess will have to come back every day or wait until i hear you are taking them pre/orders. Batches.

User avatar
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Posts: 2887
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am
Location: Rogers, AR
Has thanked: 1436 times
Been thanked: 3096 times

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by Helder » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:07 pm

qaz015393 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm
Nice! So like a script from the safe shutdown bit still need to turn it off? Just to triple check. Lol yeah you can sign me up for one of them. Guess will have to come back every day or wait until i hear you are taking them pre/orders. Batches.
No pre-orders just orders. I'm going to through a headache of finding the screens right now and if things don't go my way then it will have to be a different LCD for this build but it is a "Lite" version so I suppose it won't be a deal breaker since I am downsizing on features for it to be cheaper anyways.
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!


Chat with me and other members


Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.


Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

qaz015393
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by qaz015393 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Helder wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:07 pm
qaz015393 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm
Nice! So like a script from the safe shutdown bit still need to turn it off? Just to triple check. Lol yeah you can sign me up for one of them. Guess will have to come back every day or wait until i hear you are taking them pre/orders. Batches.
No pre-orders just orders. I'm going to through a headache of finding the screens right now and if things don't go my way then it will have to be a different LCD for this build but it is a "Lite" version so I suppose it won't be a deal breaker since I am downsizing on features for it to be cheaper anyways.
Nice. I hope you can find them. Good luck. Yep not much of a deal breaker since it's a lite version.

Megazard
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:57 am

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by Megazard » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:01 am

My only request is that you keep the headphone jack

User avatar
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Posts: 2887
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am
Location: Rogers, AR
Has thanked: 1436 times
Been thanked: 3096 times

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 am

Megazard wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:01 am
My only request is that you keep the headphone jack
Nope it's gone but there is ample space on the side of the tin it used to be in if you want to add it yourself.
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!


Chat with me and other members


Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.


Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

kombilife
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:18 am

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by kombilife » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:22 am

sooo would the V3 be no longer available at all? what about the people that can afford it.

The features of the V3 is why i wanted build one.

User avatar
Spyder
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: mintyPi v3 Lite, would you be interested in a more DIY and cheaper build?

Post by Spyder » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:46 am

kombilife wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:22 am
sooo would the V3 be no longer available at all? what about the people that can afford it.

The features of the V3 is why i wanted build one.
The screens are no longer available. That's why. He would have to dramatically increase the price to cover the cost of replacement screens and does not want to do that to the community.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest