mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
affensause

Re: mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

Post by affensause » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:55 am

Ordered. Now I only need the tac switches and I am g2g :)
Thanks again!

joao

Post by joao » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:06 am

Hi, can someone help me find the connectors and ribbon used for the 2.4 screen? I'm trying to build a retropie mini console for my kid, similar to the mintyPi (great project by the way) but my idea is to 3D print the full case and use a psp joystick as control instead of the DS buttons. But I was following this forum and some other were they used a bare screen to save space and got the screen, now I need the connectors and I cannot find them. Also some additional explanations regarding the connection would be great.
Thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:12 am

joao wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:06 am
Hi, can someone help me find the connectors and ribbon used for the 2.4 screen? I'm trying to build a retropie mini console for my kid, similar to the mintyPi (great project by the way) but my idea is to 3D print the full case and use a psp joystick as control instead of the DS buttons. But I was following this forum and some other were they used a bare screen to save space and got the screen, now I need the connectors and I cannot find them. Also some additional explanations regarding the connection would be great.
Thanks
Connectors are non existent and were real hard to find so if it's a simple build and you can manage then just solder the lcd directly to your board, it's not hard. Now if you are asking for me to reveal the sources that I got the connector from then you're going to have to do some leg work and find them yourself, there are a few sellers but not many that carry the parts.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:13 am

joao wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:06 am
Thanks
You should probably start a new thread for this, as this one is just going to get deluged with "YAY! I've ordered mine!" posts.

the short answer is ebay or mouser or digikey or RS or Farnell.

but the real answer will depend on exactly what you are looking for.
start a new thread, then people will see and be able to help (post photos of what you're after if possible)

Orangebuster

Post by Orangebuster » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:24 am

Hey Wermy, I kind of messed up, I ordered your 3d printed parts before you put the buttons and hole guide up. Is it possible to add those to my order instead of paying separate shipping?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:26 am

Orangebuster wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:24 am
Hey Wermy, I kind of messed up, I ordered your 3d printed parts before you put the buttons and hole guide up. Is it possible to add those to my order instead of paying separate shipping?
Send the guy a PM instead of posting it out in the open for everyone since this is a personal matter between you two.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Okay

Post by Okay » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:36 am

Yay, I've ordered mine!

Now thats out of the way, I had an idea for an alternative way to properly line up the ports. As I don't own a 3D printer and shipping charges from the US to the UK are pretty steep I thought of making a paper cut out template guide instead. I don't have any dimensions for where the holes need to be so this is sort of just an idea to throw in to the mix.

Thanks for all the awesome work so far, I'm looking forward to when it arrives!

giacomo

Post by giacomo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:37 am

Orangebuster wrote:
Good question...

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:44 am

giacomo wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:37 am
Orangebuster wrote:
Yep, shoot me a PM with your email address. :)
ImageImageImageImage

JakeRyan06

Post by JakeRyan06 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:46 am

So I ordered all the parts
This will be my first build

I was wondering if there was a chance or person to help with a sd card .

I live where there is no internet so setting up a pi is kinda hard. I was wondering if there was a way to maybe buy a preconfigured sd card I can just put in my pi0w already set up to run all the mintypi scripts and have retro pi and roms.

If not I can use the internet at work lol .