MintyPi button colors

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Paridoux

MintyPi button colors

Post by Paridoux » Tue May 25, 2021 7:56 pm

So, I am building a Gameboy Macro and I wanted to use the MintyPi buttons in it. Looking at the forums, it looks like multicolor buttons restocked recently, and possibly other colors will be soon, I think?

I was wondering if there was any talk of other colors for the MintyPi buttons in the future, or if anyone has had luck with dying the buttons in the past. I've dyed silicone buttons from other devices with varying degrees of luck, but if anyone else has tried it on these ones, I'd love to hear it if you have had any success.

My ideal buttons would be the MintyPi membrane buttons in silver or gray, but I'm splitting hairs at this point.

Apologies if this was already discussed somewhere else in the forums/discord.

LilTrublMakr

Re: MintyPi button colors

Post by LilTrublMakr » Wed May 26, 2021 5:35 am

It's not likely that the other colors will be restocked or any other colors made. The buttons are custom molds and have a minimum quantity that need to be made per batch. It takes a lot of money to produce them and the other colors just don't have enough demand to justify making another batch.