mintyPi 2.0

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
diko_d

Re: mintyPi 2.0

Post by diko_d » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 am

wermy wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 am
diko_d wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:54 am
Kyran wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:36 am
What about a setup script? so we can use a pi zero 1.3 and snes won't lag. Every zero w I have lags on snes
Wermy, I second that.
I have a preset SD card with everything already set up in it. was hoping to use it instead of reflashing my card. You did mention in the past that you will have a setup script to run to configure the system instead of using the image. Is that still on? Will you make that available?

Thank you for everything! I got all my part and am eager to have at it :)
I'll get the setup script posted today (I'll have a wiki page for the pre-made image). But the pre-made image will work fine on the non-w pi 0 anyway. Notice there's no special image from RetroPie's website just for the 0-W - it's all just Pi 0. :)
Thank you.
I myself have a W as well. I have not made any changes to the retropie config so a setup script should work just fine. What I have done is have it loaded with multiple games and scraped, so would really like to avoid have to double up on the work there :)

Thanks again!

EemsRoro

Post by EemsRoro » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:13 am

AJRedfern wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:17 am
yogurtcup wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:59 pm
Are you going the release the splash video you made?
I can do, I'd said to Wermy that as he was including it in the setup script/image that I wouldn't release it unless enough people requested for it. The first and last section have a slight mint green background to them and I had said I could alter this Hue for "flavors" if people liked.
I would love it too, I'm going to be using a peppermint tin. Good work in it btw!

AJRedfern

Post by AJRedfern » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:17 pm

EemsRoro wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:13 am
I would love it too, I'm going to be using a peppermint tin. Good work in it btw!
Thank you very much. I'm very tied up at work at the moment but I'll start to put together some "flavours" for people in my spare time. For now I'd recommend using Wermys image/setup script and once I have released the flavours it will be very easy to just replace the existing splash screen if you are using a Zero W. Hope that's okay?
AJRedfern - Author of the Game Boy Zero Splash Screen seen in Wermy's Custom Parts Guide Pt 2.
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1440

Kyran

Post by Kyran » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:17 pm

How do you test continuity for 1 on the pcb? There is a test pad for everything else but that
The Pi Guy #retromod_customs

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 pm

1 is the 5V pad and is also connected the VCC Power Input.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Dayminkaynin

Post by Dayminkaynin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 pm

So I can buy these parts how? It sounded like this would be a kit I could purchase and then assemble. Do I order the kit or order the parts individually? And where can I order these parts?

Kyran

Post by Kyran » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm

I've spent over 4 hours trying to get these screens to work, wtf am I doing wrong? It's like they not getting enough power

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Wrong forum, there is a hardware help forum now for these things. And when you post for help show your soldering and how everything is hooked up. Your statement gave no info on the problem and my crystal ball isn't showing me any details so it's on you to provide that.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

SoulsOfWolves

Post by SoulsOfWolves » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:23 am

Dayminkaynin wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 pm
So I can buy these parts how? It sounded like this would be a kit I could purchase and then assemble. Do I order the kit or order the parts individually? And where can I order these parts?
You can order some of the parts as a kit, but you have to buy most of them individually. Here is the parts list along with some links: http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php?title=MintyPi

Kyran

Post by Kyran » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:46 pm

wermy wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 am
diko_d wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:54 am
Kyran wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:36 am
What about a setup script? so we can use a pi zero 1.3 and snes won't lag. Every zero w I have lags on snes
Wermy, I second that.
I have a preset SD card with everything already set up in it. was hoping to use it instead of reflashing my card. You did mention in the past that you will have a setup script to run to configure the system instead of using the image. Is that still on? Will you make that available?

Thank you for everything! I got all my part and am eager to have at it :)
I'll get the setup script posted today (I'll have a wiki page for the pre-made image). But the pre-made image will work fine on the non-w pi 0 anyway. Notice there's no special image from RetroPie's website just for the 0-W - it's all just Pi 0. :)
I still can't find the script, anyone else find it? Or am I being too impatient lol