mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
rednakes

Re: mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

Post by rednakes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 am

giacomo wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:37 am
Orangebuster wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:24 am
Hey Wermy, I kind of messed up, I ordered your 3d printed parts before you put the buttons and hole guide up. Is it possible to add those to my order instead of paying separate shipping?
Good question...
He has already answered this question in the sale thread. Page 2.

diko_d

Post by diko_d » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am

AWESOME!!

I ordered my two complete sets :D
I assume you guys are working on a build guide as well these days. And I know you mentioned that you do have a full setup script to get everything properly configured. A few questions if you don't mind:
  • Can I assume correctly it will appear as one of the main posts on the site?
  • The setup script will support an existing RetroPie install, correct?
  • Will the script "ask" you during its process which flavor you have and assign the correct boot up splash screen?
  • Will the system support automatic safe shutdown upon low battery, and will that be part of the install script?
Apologies for the many questions, just wanted to make sure everything is covered or do we need to figure some of this out ourselves.
Thanks!

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:09 am

diko_d wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am
AWESOME!!

I assume you guys are working on a build guide as well these days. And I know you mentioned that you do have a full setup script to get everything properly configured. A few questions if you don't mind:
  • Will the script "ask" you during its process which flavor you have and assign the correct boot up splash screen?
  • Will the system support automatic safe shutdown upon low battery, and will that be part of the install script?
Apologies for the many questions, just wanted to make sure everything is covered or do we need to figure some of this out ourselves.
Thanks!
Remember this is a DIY project so I'm sure that there will be some things you'll have to figure out for yourself. ;)

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:23 am

diko_d wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am
AWESOME!!

Thanks!
Thanks. :) Yes, working on a guide. The setup script can be run in a fresh retropie install, but there will also be pre-made images if you like. The setup script may be preferable for some folks though, as you can get your roms and everything transferred and set up before running the setup script. After running the script, the output resolution is set to 320x240, which not many monitors/TVs will support through HDMI. I haven't incorporated splash screen into the setup script yet, but I plan to. I've actually got one from AJRedfern here on the forums that I was going to include, but I suppose it would be easy to include others as well (or host them and have them downloaded when you run the script) and give people a prompt to select one - good idea!
No safe shutdown switch support. I'm sure people will be adding their own customizations and ideas to it over time though, as we saw with the GBZ. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Kinsu

Post by Kinsu » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:59 am

Hey

I have a question, will the parts list on page one be updated?

PS: I did not read all the pages so i don't know if this question has been asked already

diko_d

Post by diko_d » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 am

Kinsu wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:59 am
Hey

PS: I did not read all the pages so i don't know if this question has been asked already
It has. The main page has the updated parts list.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:34 am

diko_d wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 am
Kinsu wrote:
Hey

I just made one minor tweak - the start/select tactile switches will actually be included on helder's board. Other than that yes it's up to date. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Apis

Post by Apis » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 am

Where can I order those last two tactile buttons we need. Also, the usb sound, the speaker, does Adafruit have those in available? I'd rather order from three sources I trust than a bunch of shady ebay sellers.
Last edited by Apis on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

rednakes

Post by rednakes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 am

wermy wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:34 am
diko_d wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 am
Kinsu wrote:
Hey

I just made one minor tweak - the start/select tactile switches will actually be included on helder's board. Other than that yes it's up to date. :)

But the start/select tactile switches are not on the prototypes that helder was briefly selling: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3113

I received my prototype a couple days ago, so I guess I'll have to get the tactile pushbuttons for those, correct?

Also, Wermy - are the L/R tactile pushbuttons from a DS Lite compatible with this project? I don't know the dimensions for those but I did order a couple.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:52 am

rednakes wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 am

But the start/select tactile switches are not on the prototypes that helder was briefly selling: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3113

I received my prototype a couple days ago, so I guess I'll have to get the tactile pushbuttons for those, correct?

Also, Wermy - are the L/R tactile pushbuttons from a DS Lite compatible with this project? I don't know the dimensions for those but I did order a couple.
I doubt they are the right size but it's possible they will work... I'd need to know the dimensions before saying for sure though.
ImageImageImageImage