mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Kyran

Re: mintyPi 2.0 News & Updates

Post by Kyran » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 pm

I bought everything they sold but it didn't say there will be shoulder buttons with it, I didn't know the shoulder buttons where DS Lite buttons
The Pi Guy #retromod_customs

ash49er

Post by ash49er » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Kyran wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 pm
I bought everything they sold but it didn't say there will be shoulder buttons with it, I didn't know the shoulder buttons where DS Lite buttons
If I remember correctly one of the post from before asked that question and wermy had said that they had the same hight so they should work. I might be wrong though.

Kyran

Post by Kyran » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:12 pm

ash49er wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:07 pm
Kyran wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 pm
If I remember correctly one of the post from before asked that question and wermy had said that they had the same hight so they should work. I might be wrong though.
Wermy, can you help us out again? I've got a bunch of tactile buttons the work for the pigrrl pcb, will those work?
The Pi Guy #retromod_customs

nintendomDSpadz

Post by nintendomDSpadz » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm new to all of this, and I have one concern that may be easy to solve. After setup and assembly, how would you be able to add additional games (If I discover games later on) to the device? Would you have to disassemble it to access the micro SD? The only micro USB accessible from the exterior is only for power. Am I wrong? Is there any easier way?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:36 pm

nintendomDSpadz wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:22 pm
I'm new to all of this, and I have one concern that may be easy to solve. After setup and assembly, how would you be able to add additional games (If I discover games later on) to the device? Would you have to disassemble it to access the micro SD? The only micro USB accessible from the exterior is only for power. Am I wrong? Is there any easier way?
Get a Pi Zero W and you can just use wifi to connect to the Pi and transfer the roms from your PC, it's easy and there are many tutorials on google.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

ash49er

Post by ash49er » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:39 pm

wermy wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:32 am
rednakes wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:59 am
I've just noticed on one site (dx.com) they're shown to be 0.2" x 0x2" x 0.2" which is a little smaller than required.
http://www.dx.com/p/repair-parts-replac ... -set-13264 <-- Possibly won't be right size
Hmm, it says it's about 5mm deep. The ones I used are 5mm tall as well, including the button, so if they are saying it's 5mm including the button, then it may work. Again though, I'd need one in-hand to say for sure. :)
Found the post I was talking about, so for the ones that come with the ds it is a maybe.

hanburger

Post by hanburger » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Is it possible for me to wait until wermy&helder are done with the complete youtube guide on how to assemble this before buying any parts/kits they have available? For how long will those kits be available anyways? (if you dont mind me asking)

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:27 pm

hanburger wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:29 pm
Is it possible for me to wait until wermy&helder are done with the complete youtube guide on how to assemble this before buying any parts/kits they have available? For how long will those kits be available anyways? (if you dont mind me asking)
I'm guessing for as long as supplies last. Helder said he's had some difficulties finding the connector for the ribbon cable so I'm sure he has a particular quantity he's looking to fill for this pre-order.

If I were you, I'd purchase at least one board and screen combo and have those on deck for when the guide video comes out. You'll be kicking yourself if you can't get your hands on a set after the guide is released.

Mad_Fox

Post by Mad_Fox » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:45 am

Would it be possible to use a slightly larger battery. Because where I am its near impossible to get the adafruit battery and the only ones i can find are 9mm tall rather than 5. Will this fit.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:38 am

Mad_Fox wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:45 am
Would it be possible to use a slightly larger battery. Because where I am its near impossible to get the adafruit battery and the only ones i can find are 9mm tall rather than 5. Will this fit.
try this....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7V-12 ... 0.0.3hLVr8