Additional part sourcing thread

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Additional part sourcing thread

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

rodocop wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 pm
dryja123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:27 pm
Here's the speakers I bought, shipped from Colorado: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122538065666

I received those in 2 days. I ordered a set from China, on June 1st, and still haven't gotten them.
I saw those. But they are showing $16.50 for shipping to Canada. I wasn't willing to pay that much. Haha.
Shipping to Canada for me and anyone really for such a light item is about $3. If you want me to buy a ton of them them send them to you we can arrange something then you can sell it to your Canadian residents. If interested send me a PM oh here is the link with pricing for the speakers here in the States.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-20mm-8Ohm-8 ... 2538065666

Edit: it seems that he is charging alot for shipping to me if I order multiples too, over $30 for 30 sets!?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Ugh... if I had spares I'd ship them to you for free. $16.50 is ridiculous.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Helder wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm
That's the same dude I bought from. He originally was selling them for $99 a set until he replenished stock.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 pm
Helder wrote:
That's the same dude I bought from. He originally was selling them for $99 a set until he replenished stock.
I'm sure he is aware of the demand for them now. I sent him a request for a new total price as the shipping is ridiculous, for that price I can get DHL shipping from China and save on the speaker price and get more.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Helder wrote:
rodocop wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 pm
dryja123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:27 pm
Here's the speakers I bought, shipped from Colorado: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122538065666

I received those in 2 days. I ordered a set from China, on June 1st, and still haven't gotten them.
I saw those. But they are showing $16.50 for shipping to Canada. I wasn't willing to pay that much. Haha.
Shipping to Canada for me and anyone really for such a light item is about $3. If you want me to buy a ton of them them send them to you we can arrange something then you can sell it to your Canadian residents. If interested send me a PM oh here is the link with pricing for the speakers here in the States.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-20mm-8Ohm-8 ... 2538065666

Edit: it seems that he is charging alot for shipping to me if I order multiples too, over $30 for 30 sets!?
I probably won't have time to start building until the end of the month so I'm hoping I will have them by then. If not maybe I'll see if any forum members have extras they would sell to me. I probably don't need a lot, but thanks anyway for the offer Helder! And thats too bad about the high shipping prices for you too.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 pm

rodocop wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm
Keep me in mind as well. If my spares ever arrive from China, and if you're still in need, I'd be happy to ship you my spares.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 pm
rodocop wrote:
Keep me in mind as well. If my spares ever arrive from China, and if you're still in need, I'd be happy to ship you my spares.
Sounds good! I'll keep that in mind.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:56 pm

rodocop wrote:

I probably won't have time to start building until the end of the month so I'm hoping I will have them by then. If not maybe I'll see if any forum members have extras they would sell to me. I probably don't need a lot, but thanks anyway for the offer Helder! And thats too bad about the high shipping prices for you too.
I just acquired 60 for a good price after the seller adjusted the shipping price so let me know if you want them to distribute among Canadians.

rednakes

Post by rednakes » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm interested Hedler, will send you a PM. EDIT: I am unable to send you a PM, it says that the requested user cannot be added.

BTW I ordered 2 of those speakers from Ebay from a Chinese seller for $0.99 on April 27th. Still hasn't arrived so I got a refund.
Today I ordered from a seller called "uxcell" from Amazon.ca. But it will take as late as September to receive them :-P

I already assembled my MintyPi earlier today but the speaker I had (a GBA one) was a little too thick so it affected the button heights. I will definitely need the correct speaker.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:33 am

I can send you a couple like 10 and you can sell the rest to people in Canada so they get theirs sooner.