Output Video on HDMI?

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Yalla Bye

Output Video on HDMI?

Post by Yalla Bye » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:22 am

Hello, I don't have a lot of experience with raspberry pi, and I have a quick question. Using the software provided by Wermy, (or perhaps modifying it somehow) would it be possible to output the image from a minty pi onto a display connected to the HDMI port?

Thanks

VeteranGamer

Re: Output Video on HDMI?

Post by VeteranGamer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:42 am

Yalla Bye wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:22 am
Hello, I don't have a lot of experience with raspberry pi, and I have a quick question. Using the software provided by Wermy, (or perhaps modifying it somehow) would it be possible to output the image from a minty pi onto a display connected to the HDMI port?

Thanks
if your using the pre-setup .IMG provided by wermy it works out the box on HDMI, but i think (not sure) resolution/framebuffer is set to 640x480....

if your trying to get a HDMI out on a mintyPI, it sort of defeats the point of the build (theres other builds out there, which are better for this)
it is posible, but the practicailty of it is just not there (it will be more of a gimmick)....
cutting out a hole for the HDMI port to be exposed...
and then you have the HDMI cable connected from the front, which could causes other issues depending on the cable you use (how flexible it is and how bulky the connector is)
the build doesnt weigh that much, the flex on the cable just might make playing anything a pain....

IMHO