Minty Pi v3 FAQ

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Minty Pi v3 FAQ

Post by Helder » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Relax people, the preorder last time was up for about 1 month, that's plenty of time for people to take action for a kit but then there are always stragglers who just found out about the project and pretend like they missed it because of whatever excuse.

These are usually ploys people use to gain empathy from me to try and sell them a kit that is not going to be available for atleast a month or 2 if there are left overs. Best yet is people want the kits and not know wtf the whole thing is about then I have to go and explain what they just bought. If you don't know what it is don't buy it but this isn't directed exactly at you so don't get offended as I'm just stating the history of these preorders and what I have come to see with my eyes.

Again this will go on for likely a month so everyone will be able to get one unless you come around the end of it then that isn't our fault that someone didn't act in 1 months time and missed out. The forums will not be the only place that will have the announcements of the prerorder so check Youtube and Instagram to be kept more up to date on the status. (by the way things are just about 100% done so preorder schedule is pretty much 2 weeks from now).
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:49 pm

And to what Helder said i’ll add that even Facebook will be covered by announcements for the preorder as i’m pretty active on this social.
Follow me on instagram Image

PF21

Post by PF21 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:28 am

@Yaya. You said something, so you offended someone. Even if you said nothing, you offended someone smh.

After the preorder. Someone will think that because they missed the preorder, then the preorder process is unfair and no one should be allowed to preorder anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to 2018. Doesnt look like 2019 will be an improvement.

MintyJam

Post by MintyJam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 am

Helder wrote:
SpoilerShow
Helder wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:54 pm
So I figured I'd post what you NEED to buy for the v3 so people can get ready a bit and also throw a little more info to the FAQ.

You will need:
  • A tin (Altoids or whatever)
  • Raspberry Pi Zero (W)
  • A Micro SD Card (8GB or larger)
  • A Soldering Iron with Thin Tip (I use 63/37 thin Solder)
  • Some Soldering Skills and might be good idea to get the mintyPi Practice Boards
  • 3D parts with the Rubber Buttons I had custom made (Wermy will be selling both 3D parts and Buttons, I will not)
  • Some M2 screws (M2x3mm ,M2x4mm, M2x8mm), Wermy will include these with his 3D parts so not needed unless you Print Your Own parts
Optional:
  • Cell Phone battery if you live outside the USA or want to buy your own (dimensions mentioned in this thread, 4 pin battery like S3 Mini)

that's it, if it's not listed here then you will not need to buy it.
This list doesn't include the screen and button PCB... Do these parts come along with the 3D-parts, or is this excluded from the list because it still isn't clear how much the PCB and stuff will cost? That's also a thing I was wondering, how much does the kit actually cost, the screen along with the PCB, ribbon cable, and button-PCB?
Small icon-sized "logos" you can use in textShow
mintyPi logo: Image = https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png
GB CM3 logo:Image= https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png
PS: Use it as pictures!Show

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png[/img] (mintyPi)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png[/img] (GB CM3)
Image Image
Smart and Creative

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 am

MintyJam wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 am
Helder wrote:
SpoilerShow
Helder wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:54 pm
So I figured I'd post what you NEED to buy for the v3 so people can get ready a bit and also throw a little more info to the FAQ.

You will need:
  • A tin (Altoids or whatever)
  • Raspberry Pi Zero (W)
  • A Micro SD Card (8GB or larger)
  • A Soldering Iron with Thin Tip (I use 63/37 thin Solder)
  • Some Soldering Skills and might be good idea to get the mintyPi Practice Boards
  • 3D parts with the Rubber Buttons I had custom made (Wermy will be selling both 3D parts and Buttons, I will not)
  • Some M2 screws (M2x3mm ,M2x4mm, M2x8mm), Wermy will include these with his 3D parts so not needed unless you Print Your Own parts
Optional:
  • Cell Phone battery if you live outside the USA or want to buy your own (dimensions mentioned in this thread, 4 pin battery like S3 Mini)

that's it, if it's not listed here then you will not need to buy it.
This list doesn't include the screen and button PCB... Do these parts come along with the 3D-parts, or is this excluded from the list because it still isn't clear how much the PCB and stuff will cost? That's also a thing I was wondering, how much does the kit actually cost, the screen along with the PCB, ribbon cable, and button-PCB?
Did you read the first post? The 3rd question in the FAQ answers your question, the 3D parts I am not providing so I can't comment on their cost and that should be addressed to Wermy.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.