Minty Pi v3 FAQ

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
YaYa

Re: Minty Pi v3 FAQ

Post by YaYa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 am

Sileon45 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 pm
Will a official post be set when it’s ready to preorder?, is there a possibility I can get an older PCB+screen set?
A post will be opened yes as soon as the V3 will be fully tested and ready for release.

As for the V2, you can’t have any, you missed them and they will likely not be produced again.
Follow me on instagram Image

GorgeousFreeman

Post by GorgeousFreeman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:31 am

YaYa wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:47 am
GorgeousFreeman wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:36 pm
awesome cant wait for v3 to come out the only question i have (and might recieve flak for this) would it be possible to remove the headphone jack from the board without screwing anything up?
Of course you can, with the right tools, patience and skills !
But if it’s a 5 pin jack, you’ll need to solder a bridge wire to have the sound still going to the speakers !
i assume you couldn't just get a sound card like they did in v2 and do it that way?

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm

In theory you could but there you are just making extra work for yourself, you could just snipping off the jack or not use it.

paganpyro

Post by paganpyro » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Sileon45 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 pm
Will a official post be set when it’s ready to preorder?, is there a possibility I can get an older PCB+screen set?
V1 and V2 boards are no longer produced, if you keep an eye on the forums you can occasionally find someone selling one

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:53 pm

GorgeousFreeman wrote:
awesome cant wait for v3 to come out the only question i have (and might recieve flak for this) would it be possible to remove the headphone jack from the board without screwing anything up?
One of the few soldered parts you the end user will have to solder on yourself is the headphone jack (super easy) so you can skip it but you'll need to use a jumper wire where the socket was to get audio out to the speaker.

Reason it's not soldered on is simply to avoid any damage to the pcb during transit.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

GorgeousFreeman

Post by GorgeousFreeman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am

Helder wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:53 pm
GorgeousFreeman wrote:
One of the few soldered parts you the end user will have to solder on yourself is the headphone jack (super easy) so you can skip it but you'll need to use a jumper wire where the socket was to get audio out to the speaker.

Reason it's not soldered on is simply to avoid any damage to the pcb during transit.
fair enough thank you for the answers :D

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Helder wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:53 pm

That's awesome because I didn't want the headphone jack. Glad to see it's an option.

TurtleFlyte

Post by TurtleFlyte » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:30 pm

So I know the mintypi v3 will be about $80. But I want to know if that will be just the kit that Wermy will sell or with everything you need to build it(raspberry pi, battery, buttons, etc.)?
Last edited by TurtleFlyte on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Just a few bits you may have overlooked...
LilTrublMakr wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:35 pm
Q: What parts will I need to buy?
A: The only guaranteed parts that you will need to buy (separately; I will add this clarification to the main post) are the Pi 0 (W) itself, 8 GB or greater SD card, and the tin itself (most people use an altoids tin). (Source) Any orders outside of the US will also need to source their own battery (see below). Rule of thumb right now is to not buy anything else until we know what we are getting.
I don't know about the 3d printed parts. I believe that those will be a separate charge also. I will try to get clarification on that. But I am sure wermy will release the STLs if you have access to a 3d printer.

TurtleFlyte

Post by TurtleFlyte » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:36 pm

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:51 pm
Just a few bits you may have overlooked...
LilTrublMakr wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:35 pm
Q: What parts will I need to buy?
A: The only guaranteed parts that you will need to buy (separately; I will add this clarification to the main post) are the Pi 0 (W) itself, 8 GB or greater SD card, and the tin itself (most people use an altoids tin). (Source) Any orders outside of the US will also need to source their own battery (see below). Rule of thumb right now is to not buy anything else until we know what we are getting.
I don't know about the 3d printed parts. I believe that those will be a separate charge also. I will try to get clarification on that. But I am sure wermy will release the STLs if you have access to a 3d printer.
Thanks! Yes I did miss that.