wireless charging

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
gamingbro

wireless charging

Post by gamingbro » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:34 pm

i wanted to know if the mintypi would work with wirelsess chargin and if so if helders wireless charger is good and works good thx

The Cheese Biscuit

Re: wireless charging

Post by The Cheese Biscuit » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Wireless charging wouldn't work with it. The metal of the tin would interfere with the charging. That's why the only phones with wireless charging have glass or ceramic backs instead of metal ones.

If you replaced the bottom of the tin with another material like glass or plastic it could theoretically work.
"I'm not actually a biscuit."

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: wireless charging

Post by Helder » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:53 pm

You could get the usb plugin wireless adapters and tape it to the bottom of the tin and charge it that way or maybe even make a thin 3D print to cover it up kind of how the drill guide works.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.