No PlayStation or GBA after Minty Pi Lite software upgrade

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Super.Bertendo

No PlayStation or GBA after Minty Pi Lite software upgrade

Post by Super.Bertendo » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Hey everybody,
I just have 2 quick questions that I was hoping someone could quickly give me a hand with!

*Question 1*
I have re-flashed the SD card with the newest software that was just released. I have re-added all the games back on and I have added some PlayStation games to it in the “psx” file and restarted emulation station as normal everything is there except for the PlayStation Games.

In the past on my MintyPi V3 I did the same procedure and was able to have them show up. Is there an additional step that I am missing when it comes to Adding PlayStation Roms to the Minty Pi Lite?

**Question 2**
GBA games don’t seem to boot and bring me back to the game list. In the past when the game was booting I was able to press start to bring up a menu and change the “emulator” that was running all the GBA Roms. I have noticed since the update that menu doesn’t come up when I press start. Is there another way to change the “emulator” like before?

Thanks in Advance!!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: No PlayStation or GBA after Minty Pi Lite software upgrade

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:36 pm

You need BIOS files, you guys need to read the specific things some emulators need and can be found in the wiki like this link:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Se ... oy-Advance

and

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Se ... ystation-1

without the BIOS these 2 systems will not run the games and they are not included because we legally can not distribute them, so you need to acquire them.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Super.Bertendo

Post by Super.Bertendo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Thank You Helder for the help! I was able to get the PSX BIOS loaded on and working!
I was also able to find the “menu” I was asking about earlier by pressing “X” a bunch of times while the Rom was loading. Then I was able to choose a different emulator for the GBA and everything is now working perfectly!!

Thanks again!

Zach1812

Post by Zach1812 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:02 pm

I figured I'd ask here rather than starting a new thread. and I've done a couple of searches trying to find the answer. So...

I have a MintyPi v3. Looking at the wiki, it seems the original image has not be updated since July of 2019. I would like to have PSX running on my pi and noticed in the MintyPi Lite update there is wermy clearly playing Crash Bandicoot on the Lite. So am I able to update my V3 with Lite software and have PSX running? Or is the software between V3 and Lite too dissimilar?

Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Nope they are very similar and I will have an update soon where it is basically the same as the Lite but tailored for the v3. Have a little patience it's coming BUT will not be an update you can do in the software it'll need a reflash.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.