Slowdown while running games

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Nukesnipe

Slowdown while running games

Post by Nukesnipe » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:02 pm

So I just finished my MintyPi 3.5, got everything working, sound is working, games are booting up properly, I can connect to it over Wi-Fi, all the good stuff. But when I boot up a game, it runs in slowmode. like, 50% speed or something like that. I've tested it with Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, a FireRed romhack and Super Mario Bros and it's laggy all the way through. I've read some bug reports of people with this issue and it having to do with some audio pwm settings, but I have no idea where to start with fixing it, I'm a complete beginner with this sort of thing. Any ideas?

EDIT: SMB works just fine, I'm just stupid. Additionally, the audio is really scratchy, but only with GBA games. I'm trying to get gpSP working, but it won't let me change the default emulator settings. Hammering any button when it's loading a ROM does nothing.

EDIT EDIT: I think I got it sorted out, I put a GBA BIOS in the BIOS folder and it seems to be working just fine now. No slowdown and the audio is as crisp and perfect as I remember playing Kirby when I was a kid.