MintyPi V3 being wierd

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Malnor

MintyPi V3 being wierd

Post by Malnor » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:31 am

I got a V3 sometime between 2019-2020 (Before v3.5 and maybe Lite were announced) but I didn't ever get around to building it until this week due to ife issues. My problem is this #1 the screen isn't looking right in the first menu (wierd cropping) I thought I had gotten the wrong image like the v3.5's image, but I checked and this was not the case. (Also it seems to be a bit slow in the menu) Also during the whole turn on and menu navigation procidure I hear no sounds from the speaker, sometimes when I click on a menu thing I hear a small click. I think my speaker might just have gotten broke or was too old or something. And while writing this I was just testing some fiddling around I did and now its not responding to button imputs at all. All this I learned while just testing to see If the solders that My brother did for me worked so I have no idea what is going wrong.
20210817_102404.jpg
20210817_102404.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 2919 times

Malnor

Re: MintyPi V3 being wierd

Post by Malnor » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:19 pm

Ok, re did the whole putting the thing on the card, buttons now work, the speaker still only does the clicks but when I activated the shutdown, it made a chime sound so I'll assume its working, the screen still cropps the command buttons wierd, haven't been able to test how it plays games because I haven't been able to get the transfer thingy working, filezilla just keeps giving me error messages, but I'm gonna try and put it together as everything seems to be working good enough, and I'll try adding files again once I'm not so worried about dropping it and losing everything.

Malnor

Re: MintyPi V3 being wierd

Post by Malnor » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:35 pm

Fiddled around, pushed a lot of random buttons and now it seems to work, I don't know how it why but it works.