How do i solder the radberry pi to the button PCB without conecting pins that should not be commected.

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
wes_rigg

How do i solder the radberry pi to the button PCB without conecting pins that should not be commected.

Post by wes_rigg » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:28 pm

Just had to use my heat gun to separate the 2 boards for the 2nd time because of this issue and im getting demoralised. I just cant avoid making bad connections.

Spyder

Re: How do i solder the radberry pi to the button PCB without conecting pins that should not be commected.

Post by Spyder » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:49 am

Buy some of Helder's practice board and just keep practicing

Broomhill

Re: How do i solder the radberry pi to the button PCB without conecting pins that should not be commected.

Post by Broomhill » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:59 pm

I just ordered a practice board to avoid this, as I don't have a heat gun if I make a mistake.

Broomhill

Post by Broomhill » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:27 pm

I'll add one quick note, the holes on the practice board where a bit bigger than the holes on the pi zero. I was able to feed solder in a slight gap on the practice board but had no such gap on the real deal. It was still good practice and worth buying. It was very satisfying to to hear the continuity tone when checking my work.