White screen

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Holliday86

Re: White screen

Post by Holliday86 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:04 am

When you unplug the power is there still continuity between 5v and gnd?

L51

Post by L51 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:07 am

Holliday86 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:04 am
When you unplug the power is there still continuity between 5v and gnd?
No just when it was connected.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 am

Still working on one build with this white screen issue.

Have run 5v and gnd wires for good continuity and 8 pads under screen all testing ok.

Still getting a distorted display via HDMI however. 🤔

L51

Post by L51 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Lphillimore wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 am

Have run 5v and gnd wires for good continuity and 8 pads under screen all testing ok.

Yeah i went over everything.. i mean EVERYTHING! Mines all good EXEPT the screen... 3 days of working to get a picture really pissed me off.. i got so frustrated i threw the screen at the wall.. now im waiting on another one that i bought to turn up (hopefully the right one)

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:11 pm

L51 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 pm
Lphillimore wrote:

Yeah i went over everything.. i mean EVERYTHING! Mines all good EXEPT the screen... 3 days of working to get a picture really pissed me off.. i got so frustrated i threw the screen at the wall.. now im waiting on another one that i bought to turn up (hopefully the right one)
This made me laugh I won't lie! Hope your next one works first time 😁

L51

Post by L51 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:05 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:11 pm
L51 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 pm
Lphillimore wrote:

This made me laugh I won't lie! Hope your next one works first time 😁
Me too! Haha. I have a 2" screen here that i originally bought.. but im waiti g on parts for my 3d printer to print the smaller screen bezel haha.

Orangebuster

Post by Orangebuster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 am

Same here, been at it for four days now and the best I can get is 2/3 of the screen is barely visible and the other 1/3 is all white. I've been checking and rechecking my continuity making sure any pads aren't bridged, realigning the ribbon cable(restarting after every try). Idk I think im putting this one down for now

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 pm

5v on the GPIO goes to the VCC input, GND should not have continuity to 5v but depending on the meter like mine it does show some continuity but that is normal. On my meter when it's a solid connection like say a GND point to another GND my meter says 001 and when I put it between the GND and VCC pads I get 433. This has some continuity but has resistance and is normal because VCC is tied to ground through some decoupling caps on the Pi.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

L51

Post by L51 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Helder wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 pm
5v on the GPIO goes to the VCC input, GND should not have continuity to 5v but depending on the meter like mine it does show some continuity but that is normal. On my meter when it's a solid connection like say a GND point to another GND my meter says 001 and when I put it between the GND and VCC pads I get 433. This has some continuity but has resistance and is normal because VCC is tied to ground through some decoupling caps on the Pi.
Ahh i didnt check the value of the continuity between the grnd and 5v. I just used the beeper on the meter..
Im guessing the better the meter you could end up with a slight continuity between them as the better meters are more sensitive?

Mines a good one i borrowed from an electeician at work.
Some $1000+ fluke multi meter or something haha

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:43 pm

I got me a cheap $6 meter and it works great but as I mentioned there is some continuity there but on a meter that just beeps I can't recommend how to check the way my meter does, best to ask your friend.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.