How to setup sd card with prepared retropie image

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Kyran

How to setup sd card with prepared retropie image

Post by Kyran » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm needing help(setup script) for my sd card that I already have full of games
The Pi Guy #retromod_customs

silentjames

Re: How to setup sd card with prepared retropie image

Post by silentjames » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:57 pm

As I understand, some apps we use to burn fresh RetroPie image can also create a backup with your own configured and installed settings/games/themes/etc. For example, I use ApplePi-Baker for images, and It has "Create Backup" feature.
At the same site where I found this screenshot, I've also found the guide: https://www.htpcguides.com/easy-resize- ... th-ubuntu/

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:00 pm

It's on the wiki, along with some instructions: http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... i#Software
ImageImageImageImage

affensause

Post by affensause » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 am

My problem though. I see post etc but when the mintpy splash comes it just stops. Got it one time to show the sudomod vid and then it stopped again. I cant get it to boot into emulation station. Tried 3 SD cards, etcher, SDFormatter, Win32DiskImager. Normal retropie 4.2 I get to boot into emulationstation when nothing is connected to USB and I use the HDMI output. But it does not reconize my keyboard :( controller all solder points and they are pretty good and all connections are there. Also tried it from another computer. Same issue

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:57 am

Do a fresh Retropie install from the original website then once it's burned put the mintyPi folder into the SD card and edit the wpa config file with your network info then use putty to run the install scripts.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:26 am

If you have a mini HDMI adaptor, try plugging it into a TV to see if it continues booting.
ImageImageImageImage

affensause

Post by affensause » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Thanks both. Solved. Horrible that the pi died once it was all soldered. It worked with fresh retropie before soldering, broke and does not work anymore in removed (desoldered state). Took another pi, soldered it and finished my build just a few minutes ago.

Btw: As Select + L or R are now used for volume, how are save states working now in retropie? :D

BTW: Broke 6 Solderpads from Helders board and thought...you not taking the second one.... So I solderes wires directly to the testpads and it still does fit together pretty well :) Thanks for making the testpads. Real dummy and fool proof concept!

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Glad you fixed it (and yeah the test pads are a life saver)! For save states, you can still get to them by pressing select + x to access the quick menu while in game. You can save/load state from there.
ImageImageImageImage

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Just to make this clear as I am seeing 'image' and 'script' bandied around the forums a lot in reference to new builds.

1) SD Card Image (as prepared by Wermy) - Contains everything you need for a fresh build. Once imaged, you can amend your .conf file to setup wireless (headless mode).

2) Setup Script - for use on an exisiting image / build and to incorporate the relevant mintyPi drivers etc to ensure screen works, for example.

alphajl7

Post by alphajl7 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

I am having a bit of a different issue, with a fresh SD Image by Wermy everything works fine on the mintypi. If I use my own Image and run Wermys script everything works great in my pi 3 but just get a black screen on my mintypi?