Resoldering LEDs on the micro lipo charger

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
abrugsch

Re: Resoldering LEDs on the micro lipo charger

Post by abrugsch » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 am

clear 3D printer filament sounds perfect for that job ;)
I can send you a length to experiment with if you'd like

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:28 am

Well please do so but I don't have a 3D at hand so I have to go to the public library and use theirs :D
And I don't know if they have clear plastic or not but if not I will order it online :)
Furthermore I do not believe that 3D printed parts would carry the light as well as flush cutted plastic tubing or am I wrong?
I was thinking about something like this (http://www.netzbringer-blog.de/wp-conte ... 184791.jpg)
But a little bit thicker and studier :p

ICMF

Post by ICMF » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

You actually need a solid material (like "wire"), not tube. Fiber optic is probably overkill for your needs though.

If you live anywhere near a hobby shop, you can pick up a pack of clear plastic rod quite cheaply. You can also buy acrylic rod from any plastic supply or sign making store. Both would work well for your purposes.

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 pm

If you live anywhere near a hobby shop, you can pick up a pack of clear plastic rod quite cheaply. You can also buy acrylic rod from any plastic supply or sign making store. Both would work well for your purposes.
Yeah that's what I was talking about I was just searching for a random picture on Google to underline what I was talking about. :D
And also yes I meant wire not tubing (a tube has a hole in it :D) like I said not my native language :lol:

Well but the thing is that it need a flat end not pinched, but probably that's a question I should ask the homecrafts shops owner :p

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah that's actually what I meant... 3D printer filament is just a "string" of plastic. Like optic fiber (when it's clear) but not as expensive.
As I said, I have some clear ABS I can send you if you want it

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Yeah that's actually what I meant... 3D printer filament is just a "string" of plastic. Like optic fibre (whwn it's clear) but not as expensive.
As I said, I have some clear ABS I can send you if you want it
It doesn't belong here but I just need to say it, I just made an account to had some questions answered but you guys, wow, really kind and all I am staying here ;) now you have to deal with me. Need to do a donation somewhen soon here. :D

So but back to topic a don't believe that's necessary because I can get them really cheap where I live, and you don't need to go through the Hassel of sending them to me but I really appreciate it. :D
Furthermore I don't think that the ABS has the right thickness but correct me if I am wrong.

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Hm I that should be more than enough.
I need to measure that in the next couple of days :)
Don't know when my arrives :D