Unable to connect to wifi

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
wermy
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect to wifi

Post by wermy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 am

Just to note, the wpa_supplicant.conf file will disappear after you boot the pi. It (meaning retropie, nothing I did) will move it from there to something like /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf (can't remember off the top of my head for sure what the path is).
ImageImageImageImage

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Having looked you are correct. My recreated one had also moved and WiFi was working. 👍🏼

Harvmck any joy yet? Haven't seen many WiFi issues here yet so perhaps, as Wermy mentioned earlier an encryption issue etc? Could be worth changing your encryption and retesting. I've seen WiFi behave inexplicably on many occasions 😂

Harvmck

Post by Harvmck » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:10 pm
Having looked you are correct. My recreated one had also moved and WiFi was working. 👍🏼

Harvmck any joy yet? Haven't seen many WiFi issues here yet so perhaps, as Wermy mentioned earlier an encryption issue etc? Could be worth changing your encryption and retesting. I've seen WiFi behave inexplicably on many occasions 😂
Havnt had any luck. Imma just stick tones of games on it now and hope I wont need the wifi to add more once it's in the tin 😂 Thankyou both for your help 😘

Dukana

Post by Dukana » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:29 pm

This is probably a dumb question, but are you using the Pi Zero W, or the one without the wifi?

Can you upload a picture of the back of the pi?

Harvmck

Post by Harvmck » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:36 am

Dukana wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:29 pm
This is probably a dumb question, but are you using the Pi Zero W, or the one without the wifi?

Can you upload a picture of the back of the pi?
It's definitely the W, I had the wifi working on the basic retropie when plugged into my TV but I removed it and replaced it with the mintypi img and it's stopped working. But no worries I have tonnes of games on it so hopefully won't need the wifi to add more. :D

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:16 am

I had an issue connecting so all I did was created a private network with no encryption and sat my PC and Pi on it and it worked fine.
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:10 pm

I think it doesn't play too nicely with mixed AES and TKIP which seems to be in common on some routers. I had mixed but reverted to just AES (WPA2). This works fine.

Given that some people, like Pixel_92 are removing the encryption and getting connected points to this being the issue 😎

Rider

Post by Rider » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:55 am

I’m having this same issue, I enter my details into the config file but when I Boot the pi, it won’t connect. Then when I put the SD card back in the Mac, the config file has gone? I just can’t get it it to work