Proper LCD Ribbon Alignment

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Proper LCD Ribbon Alignment

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm

So since many people are having issues with the ribbons and having improper alignment which is why it isn't showing an image I figured I'd show some images to help people align the ribbon.

In this image you can see the pins which I put an arrow over one of them:

then with the ribbon inserted you can see the pin with a red arrow and the ribbon gold finger pointed by the blue arrow, and they aren't exactly aligned and this is the reason people have no image.

simply shift the ribbon over so it makes contact then lock it in place and test to see if the image comes on.

Hopefully this helps people align it properly.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

L51

Re: Proper LCD Ribbon Alignment

Post by L51 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 am

Is the top pictured arrow on the wrong side?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Proper LCD Ribbon Alignment

Post by Helder » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59 pm

If you read the comment above it you'd see that is just to show what the pin is and where in the connectors.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.