buttons not working

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
mmacneill30

buttons not working

Post by mmacneill30 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:02 pm

I have connected the pi to the pcb sucsessfully! but when I boot it up it and put the rubber membranes on it wont do anything. Am I missing a step?
:o

dryja123

Re: buttons not working

Post by dryja123 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:44 pm

mmacneill30 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:02 pm
I have connected the pi to the pcb sucsessfully! but when I boot it up it and put the rubber membranes on it wont do anything. Am I missing a step?
When you connected the pi to the pcb did you test the connections with a multimeter?

Also, are you using the RetroPie image / script provided by wermy? If so, try a fresh image.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:54 pm

If continuity is good on all the points then you need to use the premade image or a fresh image if Retropie and Wermy's script.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

mmacneill30

Post by mmacneill30 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Helder wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:54 pm
If continuity is good on all the points then you need to use the premade image or a fresh image if Retropie and Wermy's script.
Yes I have the pre made image loaded on the pi, do I need to run the script somehow? yes i am getting condinuity
:o

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:04 pm

If you got proper continuity for the A button for example then check it using a wire. Touch the A button pads so it simulates a button press,if it works then maybe bad membranes and if not test the continuity to the button pads on the face of the pcb. I put a silkscreen around the pads that go to GPIO pins.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Jremi

Post by Jremi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:01 pm

im in the same situation, i tested the pi to the pcb's front and back. Continuity was good, but the screen says theres no gamepad connected. Im holding A but nothing's working. Thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:28 pm

Be sure you're using the correct mintyPi image or the buttons won't work. Also during boot up on the Retropie screen there show show briefly a battery icon on the top right hand side which means it's loading the software for controls but If not try reflashing the SD card and try another SD card.

Jremi

Post by Jremi » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks for your help and quick response, what mintypi software should i use for the mintypi V2 on rasberry pi 0w? I flashed retropie to my sd card and it booted up and the result was the no controller connection thing. Thanks again

thewick

Post by thewick » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:09 am

I have a related but broader issue. Everything was working fine in tests as I was finishing the build and at the end of the process I ran the update MintiPi script from Raspberry Pi menu and installed the face plate. Ever since I did that my mintyPi is booting into ES and none of the buttons work with the exception of power down. To further complicate the issue ssh appears to have also stopped working so there's not much I can think to do to.

Note I had previously installed samba service and run raspbian update/upgrade. I'm hoping there's a path to resolve this short of re-flashing the SD as it was a very tight fit getting everything into the tin and I'm not quite sure I'll actually be able to get it back out (in one piece at least). Suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian