Sound Card and Speaker

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
rmag

Sound Card and Speaker

Post by rmag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 am

I barely have enough money for the necessities for this project. I do not have enough money for the sound card and speaker. Can the mintyPi be wired with out a speaker?

VeteranGamer

Re: Sound Card and Speaker

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 am

rmag wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 am
I barely have enough money for the necessities for this project. I do not have enough money for the sound card and speaker. Can the mintyPi be wired with out a speaker?
the sound card is an addition to the build, the mintyPi will work with or without a sound card

theres no rush to finish a project, take your time with it....

the usb sound card and speaker are actually some of the lower cost items in the build....

you could forgo the speaker and just have the sound card and just make a hole for the headphone socket...
but you'll have a grill holes in the face plate where the speaker would go, and personally it would eat at me opening up the tin each time and seeing that with no speaker...

a massive part of playing retro games is the sound and if your missing that part of your build, its just not gonna be right....

i would recommend just wait on it a little bit, and when funds are availble to purchase them and then start/finish your building...

Abunchahicks

Re: Sound Card and Speaker

Post by Abunchahicks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 am

rmag wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 am
PM me I have extra speakers and a sound card. I would like to help you have the full Minty Pi experience.