Performance of Roms GBA and PSX

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
rodocop

Re: Performance of Roms GBA and PSX

Post by rodocop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Ar3on wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:32 pm
OK thanks guys I think its quicker.. lost save file. So now I have done this the start and select does not work to exit the game? And the buttons are messed up how do I get this back to the stock config for turning off the game?
Which emulator are you using. The controls shouldnt change if you are using an lr emulator, adding the bios shouldn't make a difference either. If you are using gpSP there is a separate way to set up controls. Check the github link. I'd suggest using an lr emulator if you aren't already.

Ar3on

Post by Ar3on » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:38 pm

rodocop wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:23 pm
Ar3on wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:32 pm
OK thanks guys I think its quicker.. lost save file. So now I have done this the start and select does not work to exit the game? And the buttons are messed up how do I get this back to the stock config for turning off the game?
Which emulator are you using. The controls shouldnt change if you are using an lr emulator, adding the bios shouldn't make a difference either. If you are using gpSP there is a separate way to set up controls. Check the github link. I'd suggest using an lr emulator if you aren't already.
Yes you are correct I used the gpSP which does require the additional config. I then changed the emulator over to lr-mgba and it was back to being slow. But the lr-gpsp works perfectly now.

I do apologies for the rapid questions..... I will now know for future tinkering where to go and what to config to get this working as it should. I will try the PSX bios next and see if that makes a big improvement and also see if the save slot works on FVIII.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 pm

No problem. Glad to help!

J-Malice

Post by J-Malice » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:51 am

Found out through other retropi forums that you make a BIOS folder in the same area as the folders for game systems. So it should be a folder named "BIOS" between "atarilynx" and "c64" game folders where it holds BIOS for the different systems.