V2 PCB w/ old 3D printed parts?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
RadoGoji

V2 PCB w/ old 3D printed parts?

Post by RadoGoji » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:17 am

Hey, all. So I just got Helder's PCB/screen combo in the mail, which were the last parts I was awaiting to start the project, when I saw that wermy had put up a new video regarding the updated parts and how to integrate them. However, while I do have the new version of the PCB (the blue one), I had purchased and received the older 3D printed parts before the new ones were announced. As far as I can see in the video, there shouldn't be much of an issue using them, but considering that I'm nowhere near an expert on stuff like this, I'm not sure if they're 100% compatible for the build. I just want to make sure I can use them before gallivanting head first into the project and messing something up. If I can, I can avoid having a set of 3D parts I don't need.

wermy
Site Admin

Re: V2 PCB w/ old 3D printed parts?

Post by wermy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Yes it will work, you will probably need to trim a little around where the ribbon connector is supposed to sit on the screen backplate (the one on the new screen is a little wider). You also may need a bit of double-sided tape to hold the screen in place horizontally.
ImageImageImageImage

RadoGoji

Re: V2 PCB w/ old 3D printed parts?

Post by RadoGoji » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:59 pm

Awesome, thanks! I'll make sure we're prepared for that when we get to the screen installation. :D