Battery isn't enough to turn on the Pi (HELP)

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
JDO

Re: Battery isn't enough to turn on the Pi (HELP)

Post by JDO » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Update:

I wired the battery directly to the Pi instead of the button board. It was the button board all along, it never worked for power for whatever reason. This is why I can't have nice things.

Thank you for your help @YaYa

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Ok at least you found the problem. Now the solution will be provided by Helder. You can bypass the board’s power traces by soldering directly acbles to replace the traces.
Something must have been broken during either soldering or manipulation. The board is very thin so can happen.
I have read many posts about people having connections problems when they bend the board...
Wait for Helders help, he will help you to solder the wires .
I’m sorry, i don’t know the board to help you myself !
Follow me on instagram Image

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Do a continuity test of the GND on the PCB to a GND on the pi like the GPIO below the A button GPIO. Test continuity on VCC to the 5V GPIO and also the 3.3v pad to the 3.3v GPIO not VCC like you said above. One of those 3 is bad which is why it isn't powering through the battery.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:11 am

JDO wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:00 pm
Update:

I wired the battery directly to the Pi instead of the button board. It was the button board all along, it never worked for power for whatever reason. This is why I can't have nice things.

Thank you for your help @YaYa
Did this get resolved for you? Also, try not to delete your text in you original message. If someone had the same issue, and came here for a solution, your description of the problem is gone.