Old screen to new board

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
speakerphone

Re: Old screen to new board

Post by speakerphone » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:08 pm

I actually have a question concerning this as well. I just finished wiring the board for the screen to the pcb, all of my continuity is fine, but i'm seeing that the spot next to LED, is SCK, and its wired to the SCL pad on the board for the screen. Should I actually be wiring the SCL from the GPIO to the screen? or is this correct...i'm not able to get the screen to turn on, and i'm pretty sure I have it connected properly otherwise. I have a photo attached. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Attachments
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 2467 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:29 am

SCK and SCL should be connected as you have it, it was a typo on my part. If everything is wired up correctly as it looks to be then power it up and see if there is voltage on the VCC and GND on the LCD pads. Also your LCD ribbon might be misaligned.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

speakerphone

Post by speakerphone » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm

what amount of voltage am i looking for? thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 am

3.1v to 3.3v anything lower is a GND issue very likely and if it's in that range then your LCD ribbon might be misaligned.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.