mintyPi wont boot

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
ChicoPancho

mintyPi wont boot

Post by ChicoPancho » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Okay, so I soldered the pi to to button PBC and checked continuity and everything was fine. I then proceded to finish everything else and finished soldering everything. When I turned it on to test everything, the green LED wouldn't turn on and the pi wouldn't boot. I switched sd cards and still nothing. Any advice?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: mintyPi wont boot

Post by Helder » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Check if VCC is shorted to GND, basically a continuity test between VCC and GND. Also check the voltage at VCC and GND and the 5v GPIO and GND GPIO to be sure power is reaching the pi.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

ChicoPancho

Post by ChicoPancho » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 am

there is a short. any way to fix it?

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 am

get some solder wick and wick as much solder as you can from the holes. Hopefully this will wick enough and break the short. You did clamp the Pi down to the button pcb, right?