Mintypi startup issue

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
TheBonesZone

Re: Mintypi startup issue

Post by TheBonesZone » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 am

When I boot it up and it gets to that screen, no text loads. It's just a blank screen with a raspberry logo in the top right corner. I have plugged a USB keyboard in and it doesn't respond. The only thing that's not static is a typing cursor that blinks.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Try a new SD card and maybe another Pi while you're at it to rule the SD or Pi as the potential problem.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

TheBonesZone

Post by TheBonesZone » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 pm

I had downloaded NOOBS onto my Pi awhile back to test if my Pi was broken, and it worked fine. So does that mean that the Pi is fine? I also had the same screen image before I downloaded NOOBS, and after I reformatted the SD card and loaded the mintyPi software. But if the NOOBS working is an indication that the Pi is fine, I will try the SD card.

TheBonesZone

Post by TheBonesZone » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:03 am

I just copied all the files onto a 16 GB micro SD card and the same thing happened.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:15 pm

I don't know what to tell you except use a clean retropie image from the Retropie website then use this guide to get the LCD working and see if this works. If it does then maybe it's the mintyPi image and might be getting corrupt.

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2312

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

RabidGaming

Post by RabidGaming » Tue May 01, 2018 2:09 pm

I am having the same issue. My MintyPi was working fine when I first attached the screen, then once it was all put together and I booted it up it began to have an issue. The pi booted up fine, but after a minute or two of use it showed a thermometer on the screen and it shutdown. After this whenever I tried to boot it up I just saw the raspberry pi in the top left of the screen and it wouldn't continue the startup process.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue May 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Get a video of this because I have never seen this, maybe someone can figure it out after seeing it.