wifi and startup issue

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
peteparker

wifi and startup issue

Post by peteparker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 pm

When my mintypi boots it can't find the startup video.*edit* startup video issue fixed by plugging in audio card still having wifi issues.

when i go to wifi it shows my ssid and password as blank even though i entered them as laid out by the instructions quoted below.

"After Etcher finishes burning the image to your SD card, take your SD card out of your computer, and put it back in. You should have access to a folder on the SD card that’s named ‘boot’ (it’s actually a partition). Within there, there will be a file called “wpa_supplicant.conf”. Open it up with a text editor, and enter your wifi network name (SSID) where it says “SSID_GOES_HERE” (keep the quotes). Enter your wifi password where it says “WIFI_PASSWORD_GOES_HERE”. That’s it! You can now pop your SD card into the Pi, and it should boot up with everything configured for you, even Wifi.''

the image i burned to my microsd was located at
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1w88746v ... v4.img.zip

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: wifi and startup issue

Post by Helder » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Go to the Retropie menu an go to Wifi/Bluetooth On option or do the combo with mode button (Mode&Y button) to be sure wifi is actually turned on.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

peteparker

Post by peteparker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:35 pm

thanks for the reply, i had tried enabling wifi with no luck
today i tried installing stock retropie on my zero w and hooked it up to my tv when i go to raspi-config and go into network options and try and setup wifi i get no wireless interface found/ there was an error running option N2 wi-fi on the pi zero w hooked up to the button pcb.
i tried the same thing on my loose zero w without issues. is it likely i have a dead wi-fi chip? would it matter if i soldered every gpio hole to the button pcb even the ones unlabeled on the button pcb? i wouldn't think it should cause wi-fi issues but i thought it might be worth mentioning.

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Are you sure you have a Pi Zero W and not a regular Pi Zero?

peteparker

Post by peteparker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm

yes says pi zero w v1.1 on the back