pulled pad on pizero

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
voidwalkerj62

pulled pad on pizero

Post by voidwalkerj62 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:23 pm

So to start off this is my first electronics project ever... so I was doing well and was almost done but I may have pushed myself too much because I finally messed up. I pulled one of the data pads under the usb out that you are supposed to attach the sound card data too. Is there any way to fix it? Can I attach it some where else? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
20180505_200736.jpg
20180505_200736.jpg (165.81 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
Last edited by voidwalkerj62 on Sat May 05, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gizard

Re: pulled pad on button pcb

Post by Gizard » Sat May 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Are you talking about the MintyPi or the GBZ
Check out my bluetooth speaker in an altoids tin! https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7274

voidwalkerj62

Re: pulled pad on button pcb

Post by voidwalkerj62 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:14 pm

On the mintyPi but the pulled pad is on the pi zero not the button pcb sorry

rodocop

Re: pulled pad on pizero

Post by rodocop » Sat May 05, 2018 9:07 pm

you can still salvage it. What you can do is have a close look at the traces that come off of the pads. Each will have it's own trace. You can scrape away some of the green over the trace to expose some copper. You can then solder to that. I recommend covering the connection with some hot glue too, since it won't be easy to get a super great connection. Glue after you confirm the connection is good. (you need to be careful since the two traces are very close together)

That's kinda of the only option in a minty pi. If this was a GBZ you have more space and can just plug a chopped down micro USB and wire direct to that.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: pulled pad on pizero

Post by Helder » Sun May 06, 2018 7:57 am

You could try the i2s amp board like Wermy used in his VMU build, it uses some GPIO pins but I think some are used by buttons though.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.