V2 Replacement Screen

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
zetazot

V2 Replacement Screen

Post by zetazot » Sun May 06, 2018 7:57 am

So... yesterday, I got the mintypi all set up. I fixed the mushy buttons, I figured out have to access it over my network. Everything was good to go. I just had to install the screen for the last time.

I was lining the screw holes up and used my finger to hold the screen in place. I guess my thumbnail was in just the right place with just the right amount of pressure, because I heard the tiniest of cracks. Now the screen has a nice black patch and the screen has a bunch of white stripes. Literally minutes before I was done I broke the screen!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but the quest to find a new screen has begun. Would anybody happen to have a spare V2 screen laying around?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: V2 Replacement Screen

Post by Helder » Sun May 06, 2018 7:59 am

Already responded to you in a PM about it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

zetazot

Re: V2 Replacement Screen

Post by zetazot » Sun May 27, 2018 7:23 am

Just in case anybody follows in my foot steps... With some advice from Helder (Thank you!), I found a replacement screen on ebay.

I de-soldered the original screen that I broke and soldered the new screen on the PCB. Its not a pretty soldering job... but it works! (Buying a test PCB and some ribbon cables were super helpful in practicing before I tried the real thing!)