Screen orientation

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Broomhill

Screen orientation

Post by Broomhill » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:39 pm

I've got a bare bones 2.4" SPI screen and am looking to order the breakout board by veterangamer. I'd like to use the one he has for the game boy zero, with the 90 degree turn. Does anyone know how to tell what direction the screen will be oriented? It looks like I need the ribbon to come off the right side of the screen for it to work. Otherwise I'll get the straight one and have to fold cable over. Not a big deal, just would like to save the stress on the cable if I can.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Screen orientation

Post by Helder » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:06 pm

You can spin the screen around so it's on the other side and just use a command to flip the image in the config.txt.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Broomhill

Re: Screen orientation

Post by Broomhill » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Sweet, that's perfect! I tested my pi zero with a stick image of retro pi, I'll need to download and take a look at the config now. Thanks Helder!