HELP!!!! SCREEN PROBLEM

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
coolcrawler

HELP!!!! SCREEN PROBLEM

Post by coolcrawler » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:23 pm

Well I finally got my screen in, soldered it to the board with as much precision as possible. I tripled checked my connections, and made sure there was no shorts. I fired it up (not literally fired it up, that would be bad) and it booted up to the "Loading" screen. after a few minutes the screen went white. I was like "Okay, Wermy said that it would take forever to boot"; so I waited, and waited. After 15 minutes, I decided that something was wrond. But Upon inspection I couldn't tell what. My screen was fine, I have a good raspberry pi, so whats up? Please, please help me.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: HELP!!!! SCREEN PROBLEM

Post by Helder » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:37 am

Check all continuity on the LCD board test pads to the actual GPIO on the pi. If you're using a battery be sure it's fully charged, I've had power issues when the battery is not fully charged.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

coolcrawler

Post by coolcrawler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:57 am

Yep. Im using a power supply and made sure all of the connections are connected between the screen board and the GPIO Pins.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:25 am

Got pictures of your soldering?

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

coolcrawler

Post by coolcrawler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:06 pm

I fixed it. But, I ruined another screen board :(

coolcrawler

Welp, this sucks

Post by coolcrawler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:51 pm

In attempt to making my screen work, I ended up runing my screen board. I am not exactly sure if I "ruined" it, but I messed it up pretty good. I for dure lifted a pad and bridged a few connections. I tried using solder wick, but that still didn't help. If anyone thinks that this might be salvageable, lease contact me with suggestions.
IMG-4733.jpg
IMG-4733.jpg (836.52 KiB) Viewed 5067 times

EVE-TECH

Re: Welp, this sucks

Post by EVE-TECH » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Are you in the USA.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:32 pm

You can just push the solder from the pin of the LCD ribbon to those exposed traces or use a tiny wire and why are you making new threads about the same subject? keep it in one place.

coolcrawler

Post by coolcrawler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks! Hopefully I can get this one working. And I am in the USA.