Screw Issue?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
mordecai131

Screw Issue?

Post by mordecai131 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Are the screws supposed to slide into the pegs a bit before they begin to bite? The reason I ask is because even without the power board, sound board, and battery I can't seem to get the button face plate to screw down at all. Almost as if the screws are too short or I'm doing something wrong. Below is a link to a video showing what I'm talking about, and I'm sorry if the quality turns out to be trash. Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vOWXB6 ... sp=sharing

rodocop

Re: Screw Issue?

Post by rodocop » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 am

if the screws are loose, try wrapping them with some teflon tape, electrical tape or something to thicken them up a bit, that may help them bite in a bit. Depending on the 3d prints those screw holes may be slightly too wide due to the printer itself? Worst case, maybe put a small amount of hot glue inside the screw hole, and then once hardened, poke a small hole in the glue, and then screw the screws in. The glue should form the new threads for the screw.

mordecai131

Post by mordecai131 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks for the input. I don't have any teflon tape and couldn't get the electrical tape to hold right. So I said screw it and went with the hot glue idea. Sure enough it holds a lot better now. Again thanks for the idea!

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:03 pm

mordecai131 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm
Thanks for the input. I don't have any teflon tape and couldn't get the electrical tape to hold right. So I said screw it and went with the hot glue idea. Sure enough it holds a lot better now. Again thanks for the idea!
Perfect, glad you got it working!!