V3 screen issues. How to fix them!

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: V3 screen issues. How to fix them!

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:20 pm

Upload on YouTube or some other video hosting site.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kaizer1395

Post by Kaizer1395 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:46 pm

https://youtu.be/KlY8U69nbcE

https://youtu.be/KybnFDr4KNc

Here are the links you asked for. And to answer your question, the screen doesn’t feel hot when it does this. A new development is it wont boot but I’m going to check the cable that connects the battery to the board.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Ok it looks almost like it has a bad clock setup for the screen and it also looks like it might be a bad screen but to rule that out can you redo all the screen GPIO points and test again? Then post back here.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kaizer1395

Post by Kaizer1395 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:26 pm

So I re-did the solder like you said and it did fix the issue. Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been seeing if the issue would come back after the fix. I do have a different issue with. It randomly boots off even though the battery still has power. I’ll check the other forums for answers for that though. Thanks for your help and patience. I appreciate it!

Senerous

Post by Senerous » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Hey there, So I've been getting the white screen myself and been skimming through the forums for troubleshooting and what have you. So far I have checked my soldering job (my first time soldering mind you) twice with the multimeter and all the continuity checks out. I tried reflashing my SD card to make sure it's up to date, and made sure all of my connections are correct with the ribbon cable. Unless there is something I am missing -please inform me if I am- and after reading through this current thread, I wanted to make sure we can still send the screen in for this fix as I feel it is a bit over my skill level atm. I still have the box for the return address so I can send it at your convenience.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Senerous wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm
Hey there, So I've been getting the white screen myself and been skimming through the forums for troubleshooting and what have you. So far I have checked my soldering job (my first time soldering mind you) twice with the multimeter and all the continuity checks out. I tried reflashing my SD card to make sure it's up to date, and made sure all of my connections are correct with the ribbon cable. Unless there is something I am missing -please inform me if I am- and after reading through this current thread, I wanted to make sure we can still send the screen in for this fix as I feel it is a bit over my skill level atm. I still have the box for the return address so I can send it at your convenience.
As long as the screen is not broken as in cracked or damaged I can look at it and if it needs to be fixed I will fix it. If there is nothing wrong then I will let you know so be sure to package it well or send it back in the box to avoid damage and also leave a note with the problem and your contact info.

ferrandinyo

Post by ferrandinyo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:15 am

Hi,

I have an issue with my screen, a bit different of the one which appears in the first post, but as it is called "V3 screen issues" I think I don't have to open new topic. I you think I should open a new one, tell me please.

When I plug my mintypi the screen looks good and completely white, but when it boots and when is already booted, a line appears from top to bottom. I attach some images so you can see it.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.
IMG_20190909_174756.jpg
IMG_20190909_174756.jpg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 14125 times
IMG_20190909_174806.jpg
IMG_20190909_174806.jpg (459.61 KiB) Viewed 14125 times
IMG_20190909_174901.jpg
IMG_20190909_174901.jpg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 14125 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 am

It's a damaged vertical line, I can swap it out for one without it. Send me that LCD in a box or a very well packaged envelope.

HenPi

Post by HenPi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:55 am

Hello here from Germany,

I finally found someone with experience in soldering and we both tried to assemble the MintyPi v3 together.
Unfortunately the screen only shows white backlight and nothing else. We checked continuity between the Pi and the PCB
and between the PCB and the LCD-screen. The soldering and the ribbon cable seem fine.

We also resoldered the pins of the screen and tried different versions of the software (for v3 and v3.5). Nothing seemed to fix the problem,
so I assume there is something wrong with the screen itself. I tried to find the LCD-screen online, but I couldn't find one that works
(with 51 pins).
Is there any way I could somehow get a new screen for the MintyPi v3 ? Is there any other screen that could also work?
I live in Germany and don't want to pay more for shipping than for the screen itself though...

Thanks for your help and have a wonderful Christmas!