V3 screen issues. How to fix them!

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: V3 screen issues. How to fix them!

Post by Helder » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:07 pm

Not giving my info here publicly, if you have the box then it's the same address but if not send me a PM or email for the info.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

bmendoza2

Post by bmendoza2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello I am new. But i am working on the minty pi and the screen wont turn on I have charged the battery and gave a the pi a direct source of power. I even re flashed the minty pi what can be wrong. I know i could read the other post but do not have the time at this moment can some one help
Thank you.

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Do you have the SD card in?
Is the ribbon cable the right way? If you have the connectors facing up, the blue ends of the ribbons should be up like so:
SpoilerShow
Have you checked continuity of all your soldering connections with a multimeter?
SpoilerShow
Is there anything else you have tried?

bmendoza2

Post by bmendoza2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:09 pm

i tested every pad and everything is connected should i just get a new screen

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:23 pm

If you can't be bothered to read the thread with the likely fix or the wiki why should we bother repeating everything that is already there?

Go have a look at the wiki for the fixes and if you can't fix it then send it back to me and I'll fix it as long as YOU did not break the LCD like messing up the ribbon or LCD screen being cracked and any damage to the pcb.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

bmendoza2

Post by bmendoza2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Thank you for the suggestion sorry for not reading the whole from I was working at the moment. I know that is not a good excuse since i could read it after I am done at work and for that I am sorry. I will be going the the wiki for fixes and see if I my problem dose a have a fix on their. Thank you for your help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:27 pm

If not do as I said send it back to me undamaged and I can fix it, if the screen works for me then the issue is your soldering.

Kaizer1395

Post by Kaizer1395 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:44 am

So I finished my pi and my screen has started to have this snow effect, turns to static, then freezes. Any ideas on where I should check first?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:36 am

Kaizer1395 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:44 am
So I finished my pi and my screen has started to have this snow effect, turns to static, then freezes. Any ideas on where I should check first?
This is a new one for me, can you get a quick video of it in action doing this and also does the screen get excessively hot?

Kaizer1395

Post by Kaizer1395 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Sure. How would you like me to get you the video?