Irregular Booting [RESOLVED]

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
The Cheese Biscuit

Irregular Booting [RESOLVED]

Post by The Cheese Biscuit » Sat May 11, 2019 8:26 pm

I soldered my boards together today, and everything checked out with the multimeter. Continuity where it should be, no 2 pins connected to each other save for the two 5v power pins. I attached a picture just in case:
SolderingShow
(The fluff in the image is from the tissue I used to rub alcohol to dissolve the flux).

Once all was done, I booted up the system off of a power supply, without the power board. The first Boot I got the Retropie logo, but then I got a black screen and was taken to the usual Terminal login. It auto logged in, I got the Linux copyright information, and then I got a blank terminal screen. I unplugged and re-plugged in the pi, and everything woork normally (Retropie, ES splash screen, Retropie Menu). I cycled the power again, and got the first result with no GUI.

I tried reflashing the card, but got the same results. Basically, every other power cycle is unsuccessful.

What's going on here?

Last edited by The Cheese Biscuit on Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not actually a biscuit."

LilTrublMakr

Re: Irregular Booting

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 am

Have you tried a different SD card?

Also, where did you grab the image that you flashed? The correct current one is on the blog post and the V3 page of the wiki.

The Cheese Biscuit

Re: Irregular Booting

Post by The Cheese Biscuit » Sun May 12, 2019 7:09 am

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 am
Have you tried a different SD card?

Also, where did you grab the image that you flashed? The correct current one is on the blog post and the V3 page of the wiki.
I'm flashing a different card right now, though the 32GB SanDisk I was using worked fine for other images in the past. It's the current image from the build page post.
"I'm not actually a biscuit."