V3 - Black lines on screen

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
nojan

V3 - Black lines on screen

Post by nojan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am

Hi all!

I got my minty pi kit from helder the other day and I just finished soldering the pi on. However upon the first start I noticed the LCD screen has some black lines on it (see picture below). All I have really done is taking the screen out of the bag and attached the ribbon cable.
Looking at it I can not see any sign of physical damage. I have also verified continuity between the pi and the display board.
IMG_20190701_183038.jpg
IMG_20190701_183038.jpg (3.09 MiB) Viewed 1907 times
What do you guys think?

Regards
Niklas

LilTrublMakr

Re: V3 - Black lines on screen

Post by LilTrublMakr » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Screen is cracked and you are going to need a new one. I can't think of the type of screen off the top of my head but I am sure someone will chime in and say it.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:57 am

Looks like some dead pixels or damaged internally. I can't say what caused it but send it back to me and I'll have a look and replace it if it's faulty.

Why did you make a post about it instead of contacting me directly? There is no fix for something like that.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

nojan

Post by nojan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:21 am

Okey, I figured it was something like that but just wanted to make sure. That is also the reason why I didn't contact you directly Helder, wanted to make sure I didn't set it up wrong since that would have been wasting your time. Also this forum is titled "Support" so.

Where do I send it? Understand if you don't want to publish it openy. DM, link or email are all fine for me.