Wrong Menu

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
weilandcm

Wrong Menu

Post by weilandcm » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Got my MintyPi v3 up and running using one of Helder's overflow boards from his latest batch. It boots up fine, but when I press the STAR-button, I do not get the nifty MintyPi-specific menu. Instead, I get a white background menu that might be the standard RetroPi Menu. Either way, it does not seem to have the IP address listing which would let me begin transferring ROMs to it.

Someone please tell me that I am just doing something stupid. Also, I do not have audio, but that might be another issue.

I've tried three (3) different SD cards and probably ten (10) separate image writes. Some images I used the .gz file and some I used the .img file, some I edited the wifi config file, some I did not.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Wrong Menu

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:43 pm

There are 2 buttons on the lower right hand corner, one is power the other is the mode button that brings up the menu.

In that menu you can turn wifi on or off. Audio go look at the stickied threads for possible solutions.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

weilandcm

Post by weilandcm » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:05 am

Whoops, my mistake. I meant "START Menu", not "STAR Menu". I get a white "MAIN MENU" instead of the MintyPi menu shown in the FAQ.

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:24 pm

That is the main system menu. The MintyPi menu is in the carousel along with all of the systems you have loaded. Keep hitting left or right until you find one that says 'RetroPie Menu' and what you are looking for will be in there.

weilandcm

Post by weilandcm » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:55 pm

I KNEW it was something stupid and simple. Thanks for the help.