Button PCB Soldering

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
hendog30_

Button PCB Soldering

Post by hendog30_ » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:13 pm

My friend and I are having some issues attaching the button PCB. We're both pretty new to this sorta stuff, so we'd like to talk to somebody who has a better idea of what they're doing.

Our multimeter reads a lot of nearby pins as having continuity, and we're not quite sure what to do about it. It's very different than the multimeter used in the video. We honestly have no clue what we did wrong or what to do to fix it, and it would be great to talk to somebody who can guide us through how to fix it. We're afraid to go any further without being certain that what we're doing is alright; this stuff was expensive and it would be great to actually get it to work, we've been sitting on this project for a while now.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Button PCB Soldering

Post by Helder » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:09 pm

If you have continuity with a bunch GPIO near each other then you have bridges and with your limited skills and experience you will likely fail or damage it if you continue.

Even having someone walk you through without the tools or knowledge of how to use them it's not going to be easy. You should have gotten the practice boards I mention in my website mintyPi order page to try with those boards before getting into the real thing.

I would suggest reaching out to someone here who is willing to fix the bridges by actually removing the pi from the pcb undamaged and redoing. If you want to save money by attempting this yourself I can almost guarantee you will break things and spend even more money replacing parts than paying someone to fix your problem and solder the pi on properly.

Try contacting LilTrublMakr for his services.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9584

Order yourself some practice boards to train yourselves by reading the DISCLAIMER on the order page which you might have overlooked at the bottom of the page: https://heldergametech.com/shop/mintypi ... 3-pcb-kit/
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.