Can't start games on mintypi lite

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
makamer

Can't start games on mintypi lite

Post by makamer » Wed May 13, 2020 5:43 pm

my boy and I built a mintypi lite and we got everything functioning. All of the buttons have been tested and appears to work. we put games on and we can get them to start in demo mode but we cannot start the game and place it. is there some key combination or configuration of the buttons that I need to do to be able to control the game?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Can't start games on mintypi lite

Post by Helder » Wed May 20, 2020 1:55 pm

If you're using the mintyPi Lite SD Card image it should all be working, are you using the correct image for the Lite?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

makamer

Post by makamer » Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Yes I am. I can get some games to work but others that require a coin don't because I can't determine how to select that. What buttons allow you to "insert" coins? Is there a button mapping I need to change?

Aside from this issue the experience with putting ROMS on the device is very hit and miss. Some games work some don't. I will either get files missing errors or when starting game it will just revert back to the emulator screen. Some of this is fixed by properly transferring files using the binary transfer in filezilla. However not everything has been fixed by this. I'm sure it's user error but haven't figured it out yet

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 am

makamer wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm
Yes I am. I can get some games to work but others that require a coin don't because I can't determine how to select that. What buttons allow you to "insert" coins? Is there a button mapping I need to change?
try changing the Mame (arcade) emulation.....
i would suggest using Mame4All as your using a RPi0....

also you'll need the correct Rom set for that emulator.....
if you don't have it....
search online (google)

makamer

Post by makamer » Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 am

I've been using mame4all and version 0.375b5