Battery Indicator

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Zen

Battery Indicator

Post by Zen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:00 am

I have the MintyPi Lite and the battery indicator shows 100% no matter how long I use it. I'm not sure what the solder point is for it, does anyone have any suggestions on what needs to be corrected? There's some hot glue in the picture that I cleaned up after I took the picture.
Attachments
MVIMG_20200611_161849.jpg
MVIMG_20200611_161849.jpg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 3681 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Battery Indicator

Post by Helder » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 am

All points should have continuity so everything works but since you don't know which one is not connected you could have other issues down the road. It's the SDA and SCL.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Zen

Post by Zen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 am

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the SDA and SCL? Can you upload a picture?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:52 am

Zen wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 am
You know the GUIDE you hopefully followed should have had the image to know how to check continuity to which test points but I don't think you followed it so here is the image, it's the 2nd and 3rd from the right.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Zen

Post by Zen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Helder wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:52 am
Zen wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 am
You know the GUIDE you hopefully followed should have had the image to know how to check continuity to which test points but I don't think you followed it so here is the image, it's the 2nd and 3rd from the right.
Ahh, I followed the video and tested the Raspberry Pi connections. I was thinking the SDA and SCL were actual parts and not the Pi connection points since I never heard it specifically mentioned. I didn't remember each label for the test pads. Everything tested for continuity while I was assembling it, I made sure every test pad beeped. I'll take it apart and check again though. Thanks for clearing that up!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Yes if those are not connected then the battery meter will not work properly.

Zen

Post by Zen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:33 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:16 pm
Yes if those are not connected then the battery meter will not work properly.
After taking it apart those two both have continuity with the Pi. I put the soldering iron up to both again just incase. Now when I out it back together if I press the function button and adjust the volume the battery indicator goes up and down. The volume adjusts fine, but the indicator starts freaking out. I did notice some numbers on my multimeter on the point above the SCL spot but never got a beep, would that mean a little bit of solder leaked through the bottom and I need to strip the Pi and try again?

Annnnd I bricked it trying to set a video splash screen lol. Guess I'll be reflashing it on my lunch break. Before I bricked it everything except the battery indicator worked fine, so if I can't get it going on this build I'll just try again on future iterations.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Wait till the new video update with mintyPi Lite image update this weekend before reflashing.