[PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
techno65535

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by techno65535 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:31 pm

So, got my shield in and the other bits I need to build a pocket gbz. I'm just missing the battery. The link in the build guide video doesn't seem to work any longer. Searching for that specific kind of battery brings up Aliexpress and a bunch of dubious looking sites. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for where I can get the recommended 505080 3460mAh battery that doesn't ship from China. (besides the whole "china is a**hole bit, it takes too long to ship internationally) (in the US)

I did find https://www.amazon.com/AKZYTUE-3200mAh- ... cs&sr=1-12 on amazon but I'm not sure if it would fit in the space available.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Scyanix

Post by Scyanix » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 pm

techno65535 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:31 pm
So, got my shield in and the other bits I need to build a pocket gbz. I'm just missing the battery. The link in the build guide video doesn't seem to work any longer. Searching for that specific kind of battery brings up Aliexpress and a bunch of dubious looking sites. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for where I can get the recommended 505080 3460mAh battery that doesn't ship from China. (besides the whole "china is a**hole bit, it takes too long to ship internationally) (in the US)

I did find https://www.amazon.com/AKZYTUE-3200mAh- ... cs&sr=1-12 on amazon but I'm not sure if it would fit in the space available.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a very common size, so you'll have a hard time finding one that doesn't ship from China. I sure did, so I ended up ordering from AliExpress. Note, AliExpress is relatively reputable, certainly not dubious lol. You obviously will have to wait a bit for shipping, but that's why I ordered mine back in February (when I ordered the Circuit Shield)... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mild sassiness aside, if it helps, here is a link to the one I bought (I ordered 3):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284033 ... 73bbyNQagz

Please note, I have not tested or installed the batteries yet, but they came exactly as pictured/described, and well packaged. I have not looked for any quicker-shipping alternatives since purchasing this one, I simply wanted to provide my experience.

P.S. - The battery you shared from Amazon might not fit, or be an extremely tight fit, based on Wermy's video:
https://youtu.be/-wlH9FZL9rQ?t=957
Also, I'd be a bit weary of that Amazon listing, as it's very unclear what size you will actually get. The size being a 605585 indicates the battery should be 6mm thick, 55mm wide, and 85mm long. But the length in the pictures shows 87mm, and under "About this item", each dimension is vastly different. However, for under $15, it wouldn't be too outrageous to just buy it and see if it fits. You can always return it if it doesn't.

xthesac

Post by xthesac » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:29 pm

techno65535 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Another battery you could try and it fits in the battery compartment without modification is a 125050 lipo battery

Stevenvh84

Post by Stevenvh84 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:04 am

This is my first Kite build (CS Lite) and it's probably a total noob question but can you set up a Retropie image and then install drivers as necessary in order for it to work instead of using the provided image by Kite?

Reason I'm asking is because of the release of the Pi Zero 2 W.
My procrastinating this build might finally pay off in a sense that I can start from scratch with the updated version ;)

Kross64hero

Post by Kross64hero » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:51 am

Any information on when the next round of pre-orders will begin? I see that shipping completed in July. Is the next batch going to be starting around next February? Or can we expect something before this year ends? Last follow-up question, how has the chip shortage affected small custom batch products like these?

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:36 pm

Kross64hero wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:51 am
Any information on when the next round of pre-orders will begin? I see that shipping completed in July. Is the next batch going to be starting around next February? Or can we expect something before this year ends? Last follow-up question, how has the chip shortage affected small custom batch products like these?
This was the last. There wont be anymore pre-orders. He may release a small batch of circuit gems according to Wermy, but thats it.

AdamG

Post by AdamG » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:56 pm

Stevenvh84 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:04 am
This is my first Kite build (CS Lite) and it's probably a total noob question but can you set up a Retropie image and then install drivers as necessary in order for it to work instead of using the provided image by Kite?

Reason I'm asking is because of the release of the Pi Zero 2 W.
My procrastinating this build might finally pay off in a sense that I can start from scratch with the updated version ;)
I have the same question! I've been sitting on my project for so long that I don't really want to use my Pi Zero when there's now a more powerful Pi Zero 2 out, which should run way more games.

DynaMight

Post by DynaMight » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:19 am

Hardware wise it should be fine. Someone has already put a Zero2 in a Null2, I've put a zero2 in my GPi case. Hardware wise they are identical. Zero2 is loads more powerful, so well worth it.

Software wise, it needs the RetroPie image designed for the Pi2 and up and currently only works on the latest weekly build. Obviously Kite's images are built onto of a stock RetroPie image with his very nice custom software. It's all on his Github with install.sh so in theory should install on top of a clean image. There are a few threads on here with people wanting to update images to the latest version of RetroPie so check those too.

Kross64hero

Post by Kross64hero » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:30 pm

gambino37 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:36 pm
Kross64hero wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:51 am
This was the last. There wont be anymore pre-orders. He may release a small batch of circuit gems according to Wermy, but thats it.
Wow... so will there be someone else picking up the torch? If Kite intends to kill the project, will he be releasing the PCB files so someone else can order and build them?