[FOR SALE] Completed Kite Circuit Sword w Aluminum Boxy Pixel Shell and Extras

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Retrobob

[FOR SALE] Completed Kite Circuit Sword w Aluminum Boxy Pixel Shell and Extras

Post by Retrobob » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:12 pm

sethh.jpg
sethh.jpg (665.31 KiB) Viewed 45260 times
sdghs.jpg
sdghs.jpg (652.97 KiB) Viewed 45260 times
sdgh.jpg
sdgh.jpg (657.24 KiB) Viewed 45260 times
sdfhg.jpg
sdfhg.jpg (621.34 KiB) Viewed 45260 times
sdfh.jpg
sdfh.jpg (834.69 KiB) Viewed 45260 times
sdfgths.jpg
sdfgths.jpg (762.24 KiB) Viewed 45260 times
Good day,

As it says in the subject, I am looking to sell my completed Kite Circuit Sword. I first considered listing on eBay, but then thought it may work out better to reach out to the people who actually know, and appreciate these units.

I believe the Circuit Sword board used was Kite's second last batch of boards that he released with the 320x240 LCD, and I upgraded to Kite's 640x480 LCD, and back board with volume wheel (HDMI port is presently installed).

The shell used is Boxy Pixel's "Game Boy Raspberry Pi CM3 Machined Aluminum shell - No Joystick - Rev C". The spot for drilling a joystick is marked inside the shell, and is something I didn't make use of. The glass screen Lens was also a part of the boxy pixel order, and the Game Boy (DMG) Machined buttons and Directional Keypad, all clear anodized. The aluminum shell works as the heat sink.

The unit does not have a fan, and that decision came after messaging Kite about whether it was necessary, to which he explained: "The fan isn't a requirement as it doesn't typically get hot enough to actually need one. So it's perfectly fine without :) Plus if it ever DID get too hot (80*C) it would clock down and not cause any damage."

I purchased the L1 L2 R1 R2 button board from HoolyHoo, and it is also included as a working part of the unit.

The battery is a 3.7V 5200 mAh 19.24Wh from BLLUtech Innovations.

I will not be including any ROMS preinstalled, as I believe that is illegal, or at the least, frowned upon. I can include a micro SD with the base software ready to go, but I would encourage any potential buyers to learn to do this part themselves, as a project like this requires understanding, and a willingness to learn how to troubleshoot, so when worse comes to worse, they can revert back to a fresh image, and start again.

I am not sure if I am missing any pertinent information, and I will happily update as time goes on. Please feel free to message me; I am happy to provide any additional media to show the unit functioning.

My price at this time is $500 USD + shipping from Canada. This price is pretty much equal to my cost for parts, and does not take into account all the time and research to collect and build this. I learned a lot from the project, and really just enjoyed the process, so I am happy to let it go for what I paid for it. I can provide receipts if further justification for my price is helpful.

Thanks for your interest :D !