[Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (BangGood Edition) - Closed

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Tristan

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (BangGood Edition) - Closed

Post by Tristan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:15 am

Taking into account that this batch has been sold and more than likely not even shipped yet, dare I ask if/when the next available batch will be made available? I was hoping on a Christmas vacation project :(

Thanks

esotericsean

Post by esotericsean » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:40 pm

I also missed out on this first batch and would like to order one.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:55 am

Camble wrote:Ok... FINALLY!

Here's the pre-order thread for the BangGood edition of my Safe Shutdown Switch!

For issues with your PCB, please include your E-mail address in your PM. I cannot use your PayPal transaction ID to look up your details.

You can also contact me on Discord

Update 30th October 2016: The boards have been ordered and are being fabricated now. A few more days and they will be on their way. I don't have a timescale for delivery on the PCBs or the switches I've ordered, but they're by courier so won't be long. There are a handful of boards left in this batch.

Update 31st October 2016: Well, that didn't take long. This batch has sold out! Thanks to everyone who placed an order. The fabricated boards should arrive in a week or so. As soon as they arrive, I'll get them assembled and sent out!

Update 7th November 2016: I received the PCBs and will be starting assembly soon. I'm still waiting on delivery of the switches, but have the rest of the components.

Hi Camble. Any news on the BangGood. It's the last piece of my build.

Greets Mike
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:35 pm

@cobramike I'm about to start assembly of the boards. In future, I'm going to pay for assembly. I simply can't meet the demand building these myself and posting them all out.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:10 pm

Camble wrote:@cobramike I'm about to start assembly of the boards. In future, I'm going to pay for assembly. I simply can't meet the demand building these myself and posting them all out.
A ok i'll understand. And do that. I am still buying your stuff because it makes my life much easier. And take your time. Ill will see it hen its done. Thanks for this buy the way.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

gargoyle67

Post by gargoyle67 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 am

Camble wrote:@cobramike I'm about to start assembly of the boards. In future, I'm going to pay for assembly. I simply can't meet the demand building these myself and posting them all out.
Happy to do this myself if you want to just throw all the bit's in a bag and send them :)

epicpwn

Post by epicpwn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:04 pm

@camble - I'm planning on using this in another pi project. Would there be any issues with using a push on/off button (ala NES power button) instead of the included switch?

Camble

Post by Camble » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:17 pm

gargoyle67 wrote:
Happy to do this myself if you want to just throw all the bit's in a bag and send them :)
You might like something like this:
[spoiler="DIY version"]Image
Image[/spoiler]

@epicpwn This board is designed with a switch in mind, but should work with a push button. You'd need to hold the button long enough for the Pi to take over keeping it alive though. There may be an issue if you are unable to shut down the Pi for whatever reason though.

gargoyle67

Post by gargoyle67 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:58 pm

@Camble,

No I mean I've got 2x boards on order from you with the surface mount components, if you want to save yourself some time just send me the parts and I'll assemble myself, I have the skills and heat gun station/digital soldering station. Up to you mate I'm cool either way I won't be building my zero's until my xmas holiday in Dec ;)

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:47 am

@camble what is the shut down voltage now?

cant wait for mine to get here... will update my gbz, and add this right away to the gbz i am building for my brother :)
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!